[Loch-Ruadh] Dragonsfire Tor's newest Bardic Champion

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Wed May 5 06:29:46 PDT 2010

Many thanks for all the kind words.  The competition was fierce, and had I been judging, I would have had a very difficult time choosing from among the other competitors, as they were all excellent, so I feel very honored to have been selected from such a worthy field.

The best piece presented, however, wasn't actaully part of the competiton, but a song that Lauretta composed and performed in honor of Bear and Bice.  It was extraordinarily beautiful and emotional, and had Lauretta been competing, that performance would have won her the title.  I have asked her for a copy of the words, and I need to learn the tune from her, as it is a song that should be sung often.

Padraig