[Loch-Ruadh] OT: Rodents

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Wed Feb 9 09:35:04 PST 2011

OT: weather prognostication

An Indian was named Chief of his tribe, and right away members of the tribe started asking him if they needed to gather a lot of wood for a cold winter.  So he said "yes" since he figured there wasn't any harm in having extra firewood.

A few weeks later, though, he thought about it some more, so he called the local weatherman and asked if it was going to be a cold winter.  "Oh yes," the weatherman told him, "it going to be a very cold winter."  So the Chief told his tribe to gather extra firewood.

A few weeks later and winter hadn't started yet, so he called the weatherman again and asked if it was going to be a cold winter.  "OH YES, it's going to be a VERY cold winter," the weatherman said.  So the Chief told the tribe to gather MORE firewood.

A few weeks later and winter still hadn't started, so he called the weatherman again, and the weatherman said, "OH WOW YES, it's going to be an EXTREMELY cold winter."
"How do you know it will be a cold winter," the Chief asked him.
"Are you kidding?  Have you seen the Indians?  They're gathering firewood like mad." the weatherman told him.