[Loch-Ruadh] Fall Brawl Meeting Additions

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 11:29:29 PDT 2011

Let me begin by saying a heartfelt thank you to all of you who have already stepped forward and raised a hand to volunteer at the Fall Brawl this October. It is our hope, both mine and Lord Kaz's, to make this event run smoothly and leave every volunteer and attendee with a smile on their face and happy memories in their mind.

The following are just some basic needs for the event that I thought I would mention. I am sure Lord Kaz will add or amend where needed.

Remember, many hands make light work.

In service,

Lady Kat
Shire of Loch Ruadh
Kingdom of Ansteorra

Please attend this meeting if you are volunteering in any way at the Fall Brawl.

COORDINATOR SUPPLY LISTS:
Bring your needed supply lists (tables, chairs, shade) IF you have not yet sent them to us.

SILENT AUCTION:
If you have items for the silent auction and cannot transport them to the event site please bring them to this meeting and I will store them until the event and transport them to site for you. If you cannot make this meeting please contact Lady Sybil and one of the autocrats and we will be more than happy to arrange something. Remember to keep items somewhat medieval in nature. Fabric, jewelry, feast ware, weapons, books, garb (in clean, usable condition), A&S items or supplies etc.

WEBSITE:
Please send your event descriptions to me this week if you have yet to. The website is online and functional with the basic information needed. It can be found at http://ninja-code.net/fallbrawl/

OPEN COORDINATOR POSITIONS:

Prize Reeve: the person in charge of securing, procuring, and/or viking cool loot to give out in prize baskets and as largesse

Set Up/Tear Down: You should be on site and ready to set up Shire equipment by 4pm on Friday and should expect to leave site Sunday when Shire equipment has been taken down & loaded. This person should also be present at shed load out/in.

Security: Expect to be on site from the open of Gate until the official close of the event on Sunday.

VOLUNTEER POSITIONS:

Security help: Please speak to the security coordinator (to be named later) if you wish to sign up for a shift.

Feast Help: you will be helping set up, serve, and clean up after feast, you will not be helping with food prep or cooking and since we do this buffet style there will be no table to table serving. All food prep and cooking will be done prior to arrival on site by the Feastocrat, Lady Linnett.

Gate help: Please come to the meeting and let Lady Vivian know if you are interested in sitting a shift at Troll.

Newcomers Point help: You will assist the Hospitaler in helping new participants with loaner garb and information.