[Loch-Ruadh] lyrics to Dragon Road?

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Wed Oct 12 10:25:25 PDT 2011

I don't know about the rest of Ansteorra, but here are the words Dana found somewhere on the internet after we heard the song from a wandering bard at Gulf War VII.  It's been part of my repertoire ever since, and is one of my grandson Joshua's favorite songs.

Padraig

Dragon Road

On the first of August, out of ol’ An Tir,
Half a dozen horses and a wagonload of beer.
There had been a party, hangovers galore,
Our cleric was unconscious and our fighters saddle sore.

Chorus:
And there were Dragons, Dragons, flying down the road,
Wyverns all around us and behind us yellow mold.
And there were Orcses, Orcses, hiding in the woods,
They all jumped upon us because we were lawful good.

We were not discouraged, we were set to fight,
But we had drunk ten gallons of the finest mead last night.
Sir Morris was dishevelled, Sir Percy was the same.
The elf that traveled with us was too drunk to know his
name.

The Dragons got our horses, the Orcs got even more,
And chewing on our wagon was an ugly Manticore.
We finally woke our wizard, he would make them pay,
But he really pulled a boner when he mumbled spells that
day.

His fireball misfired, his lightning wouldn’t spark,
And then the party found itself encased in total dark.
He tried to polymorph them, that dirty ancient louse,
We didn’t find it funny when Sir Kay became a mouse.

Our fighters bravely battled, but it was all for naught,
For we had not the measure of the monsters that we fought.
Our Bard he finally saved us, he could do no wrong,
He really had them running when he belted out this song.