[Loch-Ruadh] Fall Brawl Thanks

Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Thu Oct 20 09:23:29 PDT 2011

Greetings,

I wanted to thank everyone who had a hand in hosting Loch Ruadh's Fall
Brawl! Several folks I spoke with agreed that the event was wonderful. It
captured the spirit of events of old; small and intimate enough to visit
with most everyone on site, yet varied enough in activities to provide
everyone with something of interest. As a chivalric fighter, I found the
fighting scenarios (Body Parts, 3-man-melee and "The Brawl") to be fun and
exhilarating. Refreshingly different from many of the tournaments we find
these days, and at the same time they were quite challenging. Obviously the
result of good forethought and planning. Though I missed the archery
activities (and probably others), the food, bardic, A&S, children's
activities, courts and hospitality were all excellent as well! While I am
never surprised at this from Loch Ruadh, I wish to never take them for
granted either. Thank You!

I was particularly pleased, and felt privileged, to fight in pursuit of
honoring our fallen brother, Connor na Mara, who I believe would have been
well pleased. However, knowing Bear's humble nature, he would never have
sought the limelight, but it was an honor nonetheless to shine it on the
superb example that he was for us all. In my mind, attaching his name to the
Chivalric Champion for Loch Ruadh, elevates that title to a level of respect
and honor akin to that I afford the Lion's of Ansteorra's. And Bear was
indeed worthy to be remembered now and forevermore in such a manner.

Well done indeed!

With highest regards,
Bloody Baron Armand Dragonetti