[Loch-Ruadh] A Lengthy Fall Brawl Thank You

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 16:31:58 PDT 2011

Greetings!

We
apologize for the length of time that it took us to sit down and write our
letter of thanks to all who helped make the Fall Brawl a success. But as you
all know, real life sometimes intervenes at the most inopportune times and
running an event very often leaves an Autocrat a little bit worn out.

We
would like to begin by saying “Thank You” to the Shire of Loch Ruadh for giving
us the opportunity to Co-Autocrat this event. We truly enjoyed putting it all
together and getting the chance to see how much it was enjoyed. We obviously
had a vision with this event and with over 140 attendees, 10 merchants, and a
healthy profit we can now say that the Fall Brawl was a success! Thank you for
all the hard work and support you gave to this event to make it the success it
turned out to be.

Now
for our personal Thank You’s. Please understand, we ran so much before and on
site that we might not have seen your gift of assistance or attendance, and we
want you to know that if your name does not appear on this list that it was
probably just Autocrat oversight (Kaz’s) and not that we do not appreciate all
the help you put in to make this event the success it was.  Many people worked more than one job and we
will try and mention the biggest contribution they made first. In random order…

Baron
Alejandro and Baroness Amalia, thank you so much for holding Court in place of
our King and Queen. Your presence at the event provided a “relaxed regal”
atmosphere. Baron Alejandro, your participation in our Chivalric Lists raised
the level of everyone’s competitiveness on the field. Baroness Amalia,
your  grace and humor was felt throughout
the event. I know the youth fighters noted your presence watching them play
Squirrel Ball and fought all the more fiercely knowing that you were by the
field.

Baron
Armand and Baroness Ameline, thank you so much for your attendance. Baroness
Ameline, whatever event you attend is virtually guaranteed to be fun. Your
constant smile and endless kind words brighten the day of all those around you.
Baron Armand, thank you for ….. er …. ah ….being such a good sport. Just
kidding, thank you for being such an inspiration to all of us who were lucky
enough to watch your prowess on the Field of Honor. Bear would have been proud
of your fierce efforts.

Lady
Brighid and family, how do we begin to thank you for the honor you showed us in
both allowing us to name our newest Titled Champion after your beloved Bear and
by your attendance at this event? Your words before the tournament will remain
with us always and we will be forever changed by your touching remembrances.
Please know that we will continue to celebrate Bear’s life in a way that we
hope would do him honor. Thank you for sharing your heart with us and we hope
you know we will always hold Bear’s memory dear to us.

Lady
Linnett Marie de Ryes, thank you for traveling over 700 miles to slave in our
kitchen ALL DAY. The feast was delicious and the company was more than
wonderful. We heard over and over again how this meal was one of the best SCA
feasts that people had ever eaten. For that, you have our thanks and our love.
Remember, you always have family in Ansteorra, by birth and by choice, and you
would be a welcome addition to the Kingdom should you choose to travel again.

And
speaking of feast, thank you to everyone who lent a Lady Linnett a hand in
preparing and serving that wonderful meal. We know that she thanked those who
worked in her kitchen during court and that the list of those who helped travelled
to Calontir with her. The only one Kaz can remember off –hand, who isn’t
thanked elsewhere in this missive, is Lady Meriyan der Gart. Please know that
every one of you has our thanks and word of your hard work is being spoken
about in far off lands.

Lord
Germanicus, what can we say to you that hasn’t been said over and over again?
Your youth activities are THE best we have ever seen. Your enthusiasm is
contagious and your ability to instill honor and chivalry in the hearts and
minds of the youth of the Kingdom knows no bounds. We thank you for giving of
yourself so freely to the children and we hope that you know that Loch Ruadh
will always hold you in the highest esteem. You have our thanks and gratitude
ten-fold. Lady Alexandra Notee Clare, you also have our thanks for your work
with our youth. It would be all to easy for us to miss you standing behind
Germanicus’ giant ego, er…personality. Thankfully your dedication to the youth
matches his and you shine out. You also have our thanks.

Capten Rhys ab Idwal, your unexpected and gracious offer of
your services as Chirurgeon were much appreciated. Thankfully, it was a quiet
day for you in this regard. Just knowing that you were close by and available
if needed gave these frazzled autocrats some semblance of peace of mind.
Lady
Constance, thank you for sitting at Newcomer’s Point all day. You welcomed the
newcomers with a smiling face and a happy heart and that is exactly what we
want people to see when they first encounter the SCA.

Lady
Sibyl, thank you for sitting the Silent Auction all day. We know that it meant
you missed the fighting, the youth activities, A&S and everything else
going on around site but you stayed put and earned over $500 for the Gulf War
Gate Fund. I am sure the Shire, just like the Autocrats, are grateful for the
time and effort you put in on their behalf.

Lady
Catrin, as always you put forth a wonderful challenge for the populace and it
was met with outstanding results. Your dedication to the Arts has always been
apparent and your Titled competition at the Fall Brawl this year reflected your
personal style and dedication. Thank you for not only running the competition
but for encouraging others who might not have competed otherwise to step forth
and try.

Lady
Lauretta, oh my…where do we start? How do you thank a bard for being a bard?
Should be put it to a tune? Write a poem? We think not. It is our belief that
our talents lie more in line with autocratting than with bard craft so we will
simply say thank you for being the Titled Bard of Loch Ruadh this past year.
Your Titled Bard competition at the Fall Brawl was merry and flirtatious and
met with laughter and smiles. Thank you for making it entertaining for both the
competitors as well as the audience. You have our gratitude and our affection.

Lord
Tegwared, thank you for sitting at the range all day long so that all who
wished to shoot could. We understand (you were tattled on after the event) that
you did not even take a lunch break because you didn’t want those who were
lined up to shoot to have to wait overly long. That selfless dedication is why
you are one of the best archery marshals this kingdom has to offer and it is
also why we will have spies watching you from now on. Thank you for your hard
work and dedication.
Lord
Guyon Dupre, thank you for marshalling the rapier tournament on our behalf. We
understand that while it wasn’t overly populated those that did attend and
fight enjoyed the format and the fighting. You have our gratitude and our
friendship.

Lord
Sigmarr, you live with one of the Autocrats so you have heard this all before.
That chivalric list was AWESOME! We heard fighters staggering off the list
field saying “No more” while at the same time turning around to head back in.
With all of the different challenges you put forth we have no doubt that every
fighter there found something they enjoyed and that they left exhausted but
satisfied with the days fighting.

those than marshaled all day on the heavy field, Lord Rolf, Lord Eoghan, and
Lord Alric, many thanks to you all.

Lady
Antonia, thank you for being in charge of water bearing all day long. You
fought winds and collapsing tables and still you managed to keep the fighters
hydrated and fighting. Thank you for making sure nobody collapsed before they
wanted to. We also want to thank you for helping with set up, being the
Co-Feastocrat, making those delicious desserts, helping with tear down and all
sorts of other things we won’t take the time to list. It is not easy being
married to an Autocrat and Kat would like to personally thank you for not
killing Kaz before the event. Of course you are free to do so now should you so
wish.

Hilarious
de` Punteller (Alex), thank you for running site errands before you even
arrived on site  You also sewed, painted
invitations,and transported equipement and people to the event. You sat at
waterbearing with Lady Antonia, ran lunch errands, toted, carried, fetched and
kept Lady Kat somewhat sane through this autocratting endeavor. I am sure the
Shire thanks you for that alone!

Lord
Alric, thank you for stepping in when our original set up and tear down
volunteer could not make it. While everything was already firmly in hand and
progressing nicely, it is always nice to have somebody to blame….we mean THANK
when it is all over.  We would also like
to thank you for spending the day marshalling on the field and later serving as
court herald. You wore many hats that day and it was noticed and appreciated.

Lady
Vivian, thank you for doing battle at troll and ensuring that the money ended
up where is was supposed to be and that all those who attended were signed in
properly. Unless you have sat a gate shift or two before you could not
understand the “interesting things” that sometimes arise. Thank you for
handling those things for us so that we could be elsewhere on site. If you
don’t mind, we would ask that you pass on our thanks to all of those brave
souls who volunteered to work troll with you. We would hate to leave out a name
simply because we didn’t see them sitting their shift.

Lady
Cait, just as we will be watching Tegwared to make sure he takes a break, we
will also be watching you from now on. You ran from sun up to sun down and
happily exhausted the youth of our Kingdom as well as yourself! There were
pumpkins flying, Kubb being played, trick or treating and so many other
activities that we cannot begin to thank you for them all. I am sure the
families of those youth who participated have already thanked you for your
service to their children but we would like to say it again. Thank you for
pouring all of your energy into making this a fun event for the children.

And
now for a group of young ones we would like to thank whole heartedly.

Melodie,
Corinna, Arianna, Frederick and Christopher (a newcomer), thank you for being
list mistresses, water bearers, feast servers, runners, fetchers, tote
carriers, messengers, clean-up crew, and everything else we could throw at you.
We could not have done anything at this event without the five of you running
back and forth for us every time we called out a name. You eased our burden and
kept us mostly sane. You have our thanks and our gratitude

Fiacha
the Blue, thank you for spreading news of our event and the fighting that would
be happening there to so many. You have always been a firm friend to Loch Ruadh
and we appreciate your support. Your ceaseless devotion and sometimes scary
enthusiasm for the chivalric arts leaves us in humble awe at time. We call
ourselves lucky to call you friend and you will never know the depths of our
gratitude.

Lord
Terrence, as Seneschal you put up with us saying “We’ve got it covered,” when
asking for event details or plans. You allowed us full rein in setting up this
event and we wanted to thank you for your trust and support. Thank you for
letting us bring our vision to life while keeping us aware of the ever
shrinking time allowance. We also wanted to thank you for sewing the newest
Loch Ruadh cloak.

Lord
Geirmarr (Gator), thank you for setting up and maintaining the event website.
As always you just shrugged and updated upon command. You kept the information
current and allowed us to blurt out absurd changes without batting an eye.

the merchants of Middlefaire and the Kingdom, thank you for supporting our
event with your attendance and your enthusiasm. We made many new friends and we
hope to see you again soon, whether at an SCA event or a faire event.

If
we missed anyone in this extremely long missive, please accept our apologies. The list of
Lords and Ladies who came together to make this event such a success is long
and our aging memories grow shorter each day. Please know that everyone who
attended or assisted this year’s Fall Brawl has our gratitude.

With
our thanks,

Pan Kazimierz Złowieszczy and
Lady Katheryn de Ryes