[Loch-Ruadh] First timers to Gulf War...

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Thu Mar 1 10:17:06 PST 2012

Just some miscellaneous thoughts.

If you are using Tom Tom or another navigation device, or doing Google or Yahoo for directions here are two addresses.

5 Kings Highway, Lumberton, MS- will get you either to the Kings Arrow Ranch hotel or to Larry's house on the Gulf War site.

28 Hillsdale Gumpond Rd., Lumberton, MS- will get you to the gas station across the street from the Kings Arrow Ranch and troll.

Also, a first!  Bing satellite image of the Gulf War site has updated and you can actually see the Loch Ruadh gate and corner posts on the image.  Choose the option Aerial when looking.  I am not sure how recent this is, but it seems to be after a lot of the pine trees were cleared and the trailer was moved to the ravine at 5 Points.

We will be circulating a paper at Populace if you want to have the cell phone numbers of those at Gulf War and any contact information.

As for what to pack... past Gulf Wars have usually had at least 1 night of temperatures into the 30's (and sometimes colder), some days of temperatures into the 90's (sometimes warmer), and a day or two of r...r...precipitation.  Evenings are usually cool even around the campfire.  There are sometimes some ants, but I don't usually have a problem with mosquitoes.  In the past this might have been because of all the pine trees or because of all the citronella burning in the Tiki torches, but if you're concerned you might bring a bottle of mosquito repellant.

Terrence