[Loch-Ruadh] July 2013 Populace notes

Crystal Dozier floriablackdragon at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 9 10:31:35 PDT 2013

Meetings in the future will be short.
Every person is encouraged to voice their opinions.
Assignment for the populace: decide where you would like to see the group go and what you would like to see the group do.
Please talk to Dana (Senechal) or Floria (Deputy) about any issues you have.
We need to have an event in the coming year and select a Perpetual Date.
Event research: To rent the Benbrook Pavilion for 1 day is $150.00. Includes use of bathrooms.

DFT has offered Yule for our Bardic Competition. DFT is now accepting donations for their raffle.
DFT's Guardian will be held the weekend before Warlord at Camp N Fish.

We need to increase our membership. Please support activities and bring a friend.
Dana will serve as Seneschal for 1 year. If interest in activities does not increase, actions will be taken to close the group.

Officer reports:
A&S: Grub and Garb for August will be held at Aingeal's. Date TBA.
Scribes is July 14 at Dana's.

Knight Marshal - Vivian has armor to donate. Does the group want to combine practice with another group? i.e. Bedford Boys Ranch. Is there interest in having an armor workshop? Please contact Rolf with ideas.

Archery - Vivian is a Marshal at Large. She has picked up all archery equipment from Tegward. We need to purchase insurance and secure a location for practices. She will contact the Army Corp of Engineers this coming week to see if we can hold it at our previous location.

Hospitaler - Several newcomers were at the meeting. Please bring a friend with you to activities.

Calendar Deputy - Activities must be approved by the Seneschal before being forwarded to Polydore via private email, as the website email for him no longer works.

Webminister: Starting updating website. Send Ragnar updates.

Exchequer - Needs a deputy! Contact Thomas if you are interested. He has been clearing out old records.

Herald - Terrence has put in a bid for the office.

Gulf War Land:
Aingeal's 5 year term as Land Liasion is up. Dana is the emergency contact. If you are interested in this job, please contact Dana. A vote on candidates will be taken at a later meeting, TBA.
The bardic area in the front by the road worked well this year. Discussion is taking place on having that be classroom space during the day and bardic space at night next year. If it is used as classroom space, it will not count towards our land allocation.

Gulf War Gate:
There is $729.90 in the gate fund.
Aingeal is working on getting bids for the current gate's removal.
Curtis, Thomas, and Trigg are currently working on a new gate design. If you have ideas, please contact one of them. The new gate will be simpler, as the people who go to Gulf War have to deal with all the issues concerning the gate. Once the plans are approved by the populace, there will be no changes.