[Loch-Ruadh] Greetings,

Hospitaler of Dragonsfire Tor hospitaler at dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org
Tue Nov 12 15:54:14 PST 2013

Greetings,

The populace of the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor wishes to invite you to Yule
Revel XXIII.

It will be held on Saturday, December 7, 2013 at Oakdale Park in Glen Rose,
Texas. Site fee is $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for 6 – 17, $30.00 Family Max,
and 5 and under are free.

We have a lot of activities planned for this year’s Yule Revel. There will
be our annual fundraising activity and I have heard that one of the items
already donated is a $200 gift certificate from an Archery store. Remember
to bring items to donate to the fund raiser as Lady Janie will be giving
tickets to those who donate SCA appropriate items. Tickets will be on sale
for $1.00 a ticket or 6 tickets for $5.00.

The evening meal will be a non period Feast. There will be no additional
cost for the feast. This is our way of thanking everyone for supporting our
fundraising activities in past years. The Feast Stewards will be Lord
Franklin Whitenhale of Cheshire and Kandi Matthews.

We have the honor of hosting Loch Ruadh’s Bardic Championship again this
year. The format for the competition will be your 3 best songs.

This year we will be adding two new contests to our list of competitions.
There will be a Dessert Contest -your entry maybe either a period or non
period dessert. Following the competition the dessert entries will be
served as the dessert portion of the evening feast. The other new contest
will be a Design a Shield Contest for ages 6 to 12. Shields will be made
during the Children’s Basic Heraldry Class.

We will also have our traditional competitions – A&S Championship, Banner
Contest, and Table Decorating Contests.

Other Activities will include a Silk Fan Painting Class, Children’s basic
Heraldry Class, Snowball Fight, Children’s Table, and Herald’s Consultation
Table. There will be a fee for the Silk Fan Painting Class to cover the
cost of supplies. More information about the competitions and activities
will be posted on our website.

We hope you will be able to attend Yule Revel and celebrate the Yule Season
with the populace of Dragonsfire Tor.

For more information about the event and activities check out our website
at http://dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org/yulerevel.html