[Loch-Ruadh] "Get Together" Thank you!!!

Donna Wallis sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 30 11:22:02 PDT 2013

Maybe I can finish this post today...

All I can say is the "Get Together" was FANTASTIC!!! Over 50 people attended. Even the few brief rain showers didn't put a damper on the day.

Catching up with old friends and making new friends was awesome. The socializing, bonding and smiles warmed my heart. A very special to thank you to Baron Elfsea, Sir Arthur, for attending and spending quality time with many people explaining all about the SCA through out the day. Your words of wisdom were very much appreciated. I enjoyed our visit revisiting past times and sharing memories immensely.

Music...amazing bards, songs (some were a real blast from the past), bag pipes, guitars, drums and a little dancing thrown in for good measure. My special thanks to Lady Lauretta and Hon. Lord Grimrolfr, past Loch Ruadh Titled Bards, for attending and entertaining us. We love our Bards!!!

Food, OMG, we could have fed an army! Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the Potluck, our cook, Floria, and her helpers for not letting a little rain dampen their enthusiasm even when it dampened the fire.

Games...thank you to everyone that brought games to share, the adults and children were seen and heard having a great time. We couldn't have asked for more well behaved children and dogs to help add to our enjoyment of the day.

The Raffle for the Loch Ruadh Gulf Wars Gate Fund...WOW $326.10!!!  Many thanks to everyone for buying tickets. Our goal for phase I of the new Gulf Wars Gate Fund has been exceeded. Thank you to everyone for their donations, especially the talented artisans of Loch Ruadh. And a very special thank you to  Lady Sybil and Sabrina for taking over my raffle responsibilities ~I owe you both big time!!!

My heartfelt thanks to...
everyone for taking time out of your life to attend the "Get Together". You made the day a very special one for me for me,

the populace of Loch Ruadh for believing in my "hair brained" idea,

and last but not least the backbone of pulling this together...Lady Floria, Lord Tom, Lady Vivian, Lady Sybil & Lord Rolf and everyone else that played a part in pulling this off!!! You brainstormed, shopped, fetched, carried, ran errands, prepped, chauffeured and kept me sane. VIVAT!!!     VIVAT!!!   VIVAT!!!

Baroness Dana Mac an Ghabhann
Seneschal, Shire of Loch Ruadh