[Loch-Ruadh] Arrow Making Class Update

pamela bedwell pbedwell38 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 14:05:25 PST 2014

I have had a couple of people contact me about what supplies they would
need to provide for themselves to make arrows. What anyone would need to
bring is shafts, knocks, points(usually 125 grain for adults, 100 grain for
youth) in 11/32 diameter for adults and youth  for all supplies, and
feathers X 3( 2 X  (1) color and (1) of another color). That being said, I
have all the glues and there are some people who are getting some clear
lacquer who might be willing to split the cost with others (if interested
post on the list and they can contact you about cost sharing). I have done
some checking on the 3Rivers Archery site, because there are not really any
local supplies stores to speak of and here is a list of prices for
supplies: Shafts are $36.75 a doz. or $92.50 for 100---Knocks are $2.50 doz
or $13.75 for 100---Points are $4.99 doz or $30.99 for 100---4" Feathers
are $8.05 doz X 3 or $52.75 for 100 X 3. So for 1 doz arrows you are
looking at $68.39 + $11.99 shp = $80.38 and 100 arrows are $493.49 + $19.99
shp = 513.48. The reason I included the price for 100 arrows is because
some of you might find it more cost effective to pool your money and order
in bulk, but keep in mind that all of you would have the same color
feathers unless those were ordered in dozens instead of 100 packages, or
some could pool their money and each make 1/2 doz arrows each if that helps
with the cost. I look forward to some feed back on what everyone wants to
do, and as always anyone is more that welcome to come and observe.
Lady Vivian McKinnon
Acting Archery Marshal
Shire of Loch Ruadh