[Loch-Ruadh] A Day of Games Thank Yous

Kathy Baxley k_baxley at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 3 09:17:48 PDT 2014

It would not have been possible without such great leadership!  Thanks to the three of you.

On Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:20 PM, Crystal Miller <doziermiller at gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings everyone!

We want to send out a big thank you to everyone who came out to Loch Ruadh
Fest 2014 – A Day of Games! It was a great event with fabulous weather, and
was hopefully  enjoyed by all.

Thank you to Her Majesty, Queen Antigone of York, and Her Highness,
Michelle Chantal de Charente, for coming to our event. We hope you enjoyed
your time with us.

This event could not have happened without the hard work and dedication of
many. Everyone in our Shire, and many without, played an important part in
making this day successful and fun. We have a long list of thank yous - and
if we accidently left anyone out, we apologize in advance.

Gwenllian, our Exchequer, for running gate and to all those who worked a
shift and helped out in any way – Thank you!

Our artisan raffle was a huge success! Thank you to all who purchased
tickets. The monies generated will go back into Shire coffers to make next
year’s event possible. Thank you to Violet who coordinated, collected
donations, set up and ran the raffle, and to Vivian, Sabrina and Lauretta
who sold tickets.

Our OOPS competition was a blast as always! A big thank you to Olga, our
A&S Minister for running the competition and putting together the prize
basket. Prize basket items were donated by the populace of the Shire.
Thanks to all who donated items.

All the participants in the competition – thank you! It was great to see
the skills of so many talented artisans of our kingdom on display.
Congratulations to Arias Yanes from the Outlands on being this year’s
winner!

A great big thank you to Aingeal for all the advice, being our royal
liaison, putting together such a nice royal luncheon, and making sure Her
Majesty and Her Highness had all they needed to make their time with us
enjoyable.

The website for our event was top notch. For that we have Caerell to thank!
He always does a great job!

A huge thank you to Rolf for coordinating set up and tear down! We had a
limited time frame in which to get set up and off site again. All tasks
were accomplished in record time with no problems.

A huge thank you also to all those who carried equipment and supplies to
the event and got up at the crack of dawn to ensure the event was set up in
time, and all those who worked in the dark (thank you Longhorn Park for not
turning on the lights) to be sure we were off site before the gates were
locked.

Thank you to out Chronicler, Lilias of the Waters, for doing such a
fantastic ad for the Black Star. You did a wonderful job!!

A big thank you to Cait for running the gaming tent. Setting out games,
teaching, and keeping everything flowing! Vivian, Gwenllian, Polydore and
Kathy generously donated the use of their personal games for the day. Thank
you for making this portion of our event possible.

A big thank you to Trygg for cooking briskets for feast (they were
delicious!), keeping the garbage taken out, hauling equipment and helping
with set up and tear down.

A big thank you to Mistress Stella for giving up a Sunday afternoon to
teach a courtly graces class to our shire.

Thank you to Penny for all of the work on feast -  shopping, helping
prepare foods, getting it set up, serving, and clean up. To all those who
brought potluck items, helped serve, set up and clean up – thank you! The
potluck was fantastic!

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to all the kids of our Shire. This event
truly could not have happened with out them. Each and every one of them
pitched in and helped without being asked, in fact, they were always asking
what they could do to help! All of them ran errands on a moments notice for
all three of us. Every one of them did all tasks with a great big smile and
a cheery attitude. We three are very proud of all of them for stepping up
and giving extra effort to make the event a success.

Megan, Ian, Bryan, Aaron, Hannah, Chadassa, Seth, and Sabrina – thank you!

Thanks to Dana as our seneschal for all the advice. Also a great big thanks
to Dana for running the bardic competition. Thank you to Vivian for putting
together the bardic prize basket. Items for the basket were donated by
members of the Shire. Thanks to all who contributed.

To all those that entered – thank you! If you missed the bardic
competition, you missed some great performances. Every one of the entrants
did a wonderful job. Thank you to the Populace for being so quiet and
respectful of the bards. Thank you to all who helped judge the competition.
Congratulations to the winner Forest Evergreen, the newest titled bard of
Loch Ruadh!

Sybil would like to thank the gentleman whose name she unfortunately cannot
remember, who asked if she needed anything and retrieved her chair from the
other smoking tent across site so she could rest.

We hope that everyone who attended the event had a wonderful time. We sure
did.

In Service,

Floria, Thomas, and Sybil