[Loch-soilleir] *waves*

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 15:44:37 PST 2004

Oh if ti was only that easy!  First, those names are
only for folks that have received awards in Ansteorra
and have them recorded.  Some of those names are
registered and some are not, and some may not evenbe
registerable!  The main keeper of the list of
registered names and all things heraldic is the SCA
Laurel Sorviern of Arms (and no I can not spell).  If
you want to do your own checking, start by looking
through the current listing.  They are up to date as
of when you look at them, but no later than that.
(LOL)  I do not have the exact links, but it can be
reached by going through the heraldry links from the
SCA main page (www.sca.org)  Please get with Wissa,
who is our book herald.  She can help guide you
throught he pitfalls, trials, and tribulations of
submittals.  All the submittals need to go through her
anyway, so get her involved early.  It is not good
enough to be sure you do not have an exact name match,
you also have to worry about alternate spellings too.
Then you have to worry about someone submitting
something that conflicts and is approved between when
you submit and whe it is up for approval.

I guess what I an trying to say is get with Wissa and
have her work with you to get a name passed.  She need
the work...(LOL)

William
(Who is on his 3rd name submittal with a 4th waiting
if needed.)