[Loch-soilleir] Articles for Serpent's Tale

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 16:30:25 PDT 2004

Can I guess the Who AM I now?

William

--- Elizabeth Combs <ecombs79 at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hi!

I got the article.  Do you want me to do it as a Who
am I? guessing game or as a summary of Baronness
Katya's life?

Jennette

"I have heard it said that one useless man is called a
disgrace, that two, are called a law firm, and the
three or more are called a congress!"
-- 1776

Soilleir Announcements <loch-solleir at ansteorra.org>
>To: Loch Soilleir Announcements
<loch-solleir at ansteorra.org> >Subject: Re:
[Loch-soilleir] Articles for Serpent's Tale >Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:49:53 -0500 > >this is something I
wrote for Stargate's Two Towers. They have a >"who is
this persona" questionnaire and ask for anyone to send
it >in. > >This is a brief summary of my life written
Stargate. > > It is the 1490's, give or take a few
years. I used to live in a >coastal city in Turkey.
Not much difference in the weather but the >amenities
are somewhat lacking. > I come from a military !
family, but my uncle is a merchant and I >have joined
him to exploit...errr, I mean, find new avenues of
trade >in the lands of Ansteorra. > My parents died
some time ago from a fever, brought no doubt by >some
of those foreigners on some sort of crusade. They
should have >been farther south of my town but they
couldn't seem to understand >that we were not the
Saracens but loyal citizens of the Land of the >Rus. >
My older brother, Alexi, is a captain in the local
militia and >is doing quite well for himself. He
should make General in no time. > My next brother is
Pieter, a scholar at the University. He is >poor but
brilliant. Hopefully he will find a patron soon to
help >support him in his endeavors. > My younger
brother Boris......well, we don't know what has
>happened to him. He was dropped on his head when he
was very young, >(my brother swears it was an
accident) and he was never right >afterwards. We think
he has found h! is way to another merchant and >is
serving aboard a vessel working the Black Sea. I hope
all goes >well for him. > Coming to Ansteorra has been
the most significant event in my >life. The biggest
trial in my life so far has been finding out >that my
aunt had deemed it time for me to marry, (acting for
my >parents since their death) and making my south to
find my father's >brother to see if he would allow me
to work for him in his trade. >Fortunately we still
had some of Boris' clothes and I was able to >disguise
myself as a boy for my travels. > I, of course, am a
woman of the Rus and it will always have a >place in
my heart. I am also a merchant and must think how this
>land and it's people can benefit our trade. But above
all now, I >have pledged faith and abilities to the
Ansteorran Crown and this I >do hold dear. > Coming to
Ansteorra to investigate the trade possibilities for
>my Uncle is the farthest from home I have ever been.
> I admire Earl Ulsted for his generous nature and
Countess ! Cateau >for her graciousness. I also admire
Sir Alexis for his incredible >knowledge of
everything! > I despise those crusaders, for their
arrogance and their >diseases they brought to a
peaceful town. >Baroness Narkissa Ekaterina
Vladimirovna >known to her friends as Katya > > >
>Elizabeth Combs wrote: > >>Hi! >> >>This is a
reminder that I need all articles for the Serpent's
Tale >>ASAP. I will take them up till Tuesday. All
articles can be sent >>to ecombs79 at hotmail.com
<mailto:ecombs79 at hotmail.com>. >> >>Thanks! >>