[Loch-soilleir] Rapier Fighting

Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Mon Oct 18 05:10:56 PDT 2004

Good Gentles,
You have shamed me into quietly stepping back out - I did fight rapier.
I learned in an underground movement to the North, and was starting to develop some skill at the art.  The Torres Rapier practice was the cause of my move to Ansteorra.  I came to the U of H practices for the first 2 years, but rarely learned anything new.  3 pickup fights does not a practice make.  A number of gentles tried to inspire me - but inspiration doesn't teach skill.  I wasn't serious enough about rapier to become a cadet, or join a "backyard practice" group.  My skill declined shamefully, and my epee broken.  I never replaced it, and my armor & schlager are rotting away in a corner.

I retell this sorry story because it brings up two possibilities:
First, I could bring my armor - which was made big & generic enough to meet ANY kingdom's restriction - for newcomers to borrow.  Second, I would play, if I could be convinced that there was opportunities to learn.  (I had a great time listening to His Excellency & Madog instruct our one Youth fighter.)

In Service to the Dream,
--Wyllow of the Loch

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.