[Loch-soilleir] (Sept. newsletter submission)

Lessa lessa at houston.rr.com
Thu Sep 2 19:08:50 PDT 2004

[Since this didn't make it into the Serpent's Tale for September]

 POSITION OPEN:  Demo Coordinator
This person will seek out opportunities for demos, receive requests for
demos from the public, determine the type of presentation(s), organize
volunteers, etc.  The Kingdom Seneschal has directed that each group in
Ansteorra present at least one demo per year to an adult group.  HL Clara
(kieralady2 at yahoo.com) already has a demo opportunity for the third week of
October at the League City Library.

The Loch's first Gathering in the Park/Revel/Fighter Practice went well on
August 8.  The next one is scheduled for Sunday, September 12 at 3pm, at
Frankie Carter Randolph Park in Friendswood (5150 F.M. 2351 Road,
Friendswood, Texas 77546 [west of I-45])
www.co.harris.tx.us/comm_lee/PRandolph.  Please contact me with the item(s)
you can bring for the picnic (lessa at houston.rr.com).  NO alcoholic beverages
are allowed in the park.

Please look for other parks in the Barony where we can gather, as Their
Excellencies intend to rotate the location of our gatherings throughout the
year in order to publicize our activities.

Their Excellencies will choose the Rapier, Youth Rapier, Archery, and
Equestrian Champions later this year at Tourney By the Loch, scheduled for
Nov. 5-7, 2004.  Lady Mairi (mairimdonyl at yahoo.com) will steward this event
and Countess Cateau will be Feast Steward.  Yamai is in charge of gate.
Neassa is in charge of servers.  They will need lots of volunteers to assist
with all aspects of the event.  The next planning meetings are at 6:30pm,
at Clear Lake Park, just prior to the September 21 and October 19 populace
meetings.  The site preparation day is scheduled for Sunday, October 24,
with an alternate rain date of Sunday, October 31.

The Loch's event steward for Loch Yule on December 4, 2004, is Baroness
Neassa (neassa at swbell.net).  The event will be held at the populace meeting
location of Clear Lake Park.  Lady Lisabetta has volunteered to coordinate
the Russian feast.  Please keep this event in mind as it comes right after
Tourney By the Loch in November.  (For some unfathomable reason, Baroness
Neassa has chosen a PIRATE theme. ARGH!)

Lessa