[Loch-soilleir] hou-announce list

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 13 12:53:14 PDT 2005

--- Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > FYI
> > Lessa
> >
> > P.S. If everyone on the Loch list is subscribed to the Hou-Announce list,
> let me know and I will
> > stop forwarding the emails.
> >
> It was my understanding that the Loch list, now that there is one, was
> added to the distribution
> list for Hou-announce.   So, if you subscribe to any of the branches on
> that distib. list, you
> will get the Hou-announce posts automatically as well.
> Those branches currently on the list (and Michael Silverhands will correct
> me if I'm wrong):
> Stargate, Gate's Edge, Westgate, Loch S. and Raven's Fort.
>
> As Loch didn't have an e-list earlier, Michael allowed them to subscribe
> directly to Hou-announce
> if they did not subscribe to any of the above branch lists.   However, if
> Loch folk are subscribed
> to the Loch list, they will now automatically get a copy of any post sent
> to hou-announce.
>
> So, yep, you don't need to cross post notices from hou-announce anymore!
>
> Hope that is clear.
> Cheers, Hillary

Yes, that's exactly correct Hillary. Thanks for pointing that out! :-)

Just to clarify (not that your note needed additional clarification, I just
can't help myself *grin*)...

If you are subscribed to *any* (at least one) of those lists, you will
receive *exactly one* copy of whatever is posted to Hou-announce. Subscribing
(or not subscribing) to Hou-announce has no affect on whether you receive
those posts. The controlling factor is whether you are subscribed to one of
the group's lists which it covers. It works the same way that the
Ansteorra-announce list does, except that Hou-announce covers just the local
groups, whereas Ansteorra-announce covers every group in the kingdom.

So: the only reason to want to subscribe directly to Hou-announce is if you
aren't subscribed to *any* (not even one) of those lists, but you still want
to see the announcements posted to Hou-announce.

Michael