[Loch-soilleir] Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium on Sat. 6/18

Merilee Fong melessant at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 15:20:50 PDT 2005

Since the Loch will NOT have its local dance practice this Sunday, I encourage everyone to attend Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium 2005 (KDMS).

>From the event stewards:

As you all are aware, I am sure, there are only a few days remaining until the best dance and music training symposium in the Kingdom of Ansteorra: Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium 2005 (KDMS).  The event is hosted by the Canton of Westgate, right here within the Barony of Stargate, and will be held THIS COMING Saturday, June 18, 2005.  Gate opens at 8:00 am.

There will be a day of dance workshops as well as fun-filled merriment and revelry.  Class tracks are arranged by skill level, so ALL are welcome!  Come learn dance from 15th and 16th Century Italy, a variety of English Country Dance, a set of Mimed Bransles and Burgundian Basse Dance, among others.  Topics include simple steps to complex reconstructions and translations.

Our featured instructor is Dr. Yvonne Kendall, a reknowned expert in the area of renaissance dance and music.  She will share her incredible knowledge with all who wish to partake.

The evening will be completed with the KDM Ball.  Take the opportunity to show off what you've learned throughout the day or dance some of your old favorites!

KDMS will be held at Boni's Dance Studio, 9102 Forest Crossing Drive, in The Woodlands, Texas.  The Woodlands is just north of Houston just off Interstate 45.  Please see the June Blackstar or click www.clancircle.com/kingdomdance for event information.  An attempt at period clothing in required for admission.  The cost is an amazing $10 which includes a sideboard dinner!

The final schedule is also posted, and includes not only European Dance but information on the Middle Eastern Track as well.

The sideboard dinner menu is as follows:
    Coleslaw
    Green salad with Italian and Ranch dressings
    Relish tray
    Warmed baked beans
    Vegetarian beans
    Beef brisket
    Fruits in season
    Breads & butter
An ingredient list will be available at gate.

The ball list is complete and will be posted both online at the official KDMS website, www.clancircle.com/kingdomdance, and at the event itself.  In the meantime, you can glance at it here:

Inns of Court Suite:
     Quadran Pavane
     Turkelone
     Earl of Essex
     Tinternell
     Old Alman
     Queen's
     Madam Sosilia's
     Black Alman
     Lorayne Alman
     New Alman
Petit Riens
Glory of the West
Spagnoletta Nuova
Montarde Bransle
Prenes in Gre
Gioioso in Tre
Whirligig
Washerwomen's Bransle
Anello
Heralds in Love
Canario
Maltese Bransle
Ly Bens Distonys
Spero
Tom Tinker
Allegrezza d'Amore
Pease Bransle
Fia Guielmina
Lull Me Beyond Thee
Barriera
Bransle Suite:
     Cassandra
     Pinagay
     Charlotte
     War
     Aridan

Almost done...

I was asked by our site coordinator to remind everyone that because this is a dance studio, only SOFT SOLED shoes are allowed.  Please do not wear hard leather or anything that could damage the floors.

Finally, please remember to bring a toy for Toys for Tots.  For each toy you bring, you will be entered into a raffle for a fine handcrafted period chair.  No cash can be accepted and tickets can not be purchased - YOU MUST BRING A TOY OR TOYS TO BE ENTERED.  Your support for this worthy cause is appreciated.

Here's to seeing you all on Saturday!

Ld Antonello del Bello
Ld David Dayly
Event Stewards