[Loch-soilleir] Viking garb

Margery (Margie) Tailor margerytailor at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 07:54:08 PDT 2005

Greetings.

Last night at populace a few of us ladies we discussing Viking garb.  I promised to post the links to the patterns I used to make an apron dress and an underdress for Groa.

Apron dress
http://silverdor.knownworldweb.com/viking/vikingad.html

'Norse' undertunic
http://www.silverdor.org/viking/underdress.html

If you'd like, I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet that will calculate all the measurements with seam allowances and I'll email it to you if you let me know.  (I'd attach it now but a. It's not finished and b. I believe the list-thingy strips attachments.)

If you have any problems, I'll be glad to help.  The apron dress is pretty straight-forward.  The undertunic is confusing at first but is actually rather simple.

Also, I made a pattern for a key-hole neckline & finishing for the underdres that I'm willing to share if you'd like it.

Have a great day!
:-)
Margie