[Loch-soilleir] Loch Guardian

Kathy Elliott bardkat at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 24 06:31:24 PDT 2005

I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone from the Loch
who helped Loch Guardian be a success.  Many people volunteered their time
to help, and I truly appreciate it!

Alexis of course coordinated both the chivalric and equestrian
championships, but he was also very generous in donating his time to help
set up the site on Friday.

Drake and Wissa loaded and hauled the baronial trailer from the storage
shed, and back after clean up on Sunday.  I know this was a huge time
commitment - thank you!

Galen, Giovanna and her team helped make sure we had no heat casualties - a
pretty amazing feat, considering the heat index was well over 100 degrees!

Jeannette took pre-reservations, and designed the event web site

Jeannette and Hedwig prepared the nobles' luncheon

Leona scribed and mailed the nobles' invitations, created the Champions
Scrolls, and ran the children's activities - something which I am personally
very thankful for!

Lessa helped with set up, clean up, troll, and keeping me sane

Madog created the four beautiful boxes for the champions

Madog, Drake and Wissa provided beverages (and a bunny) for those of age at
the bardic circle

Pace helped with set up and clean up, troll, kept the privies clean, kept us
cool with his shower, and coordinated the feast servers

Yamai helpd with set up, clean up, troll, and helped keep the privies clean

Rhiannen provided wonderful hospitality

Tristan coordinated the gate (and the black hole), helpd with set up, and
worked with Alessandro to host the rapier tourney

Wyllow, Hedwig, Katya, Jeanette, Belle, Leona, and two very helpful
newcomers created the site tokens at a UFO meeting

And of course, no Loch Soilleir event would be possible without our gracious
baron and baroness.  (And Baroness Katya's dessert was fabulous!)

I apologize if I have omitted anyone - I know there were many people helping
the waterbearers, serving, and running the lists - thank you all!

In service,
Katrina of Coventry