[Loch-soilleir] sort of a demo thing

Melissa Carter homefrogs at houston.rr.com
Wed Oct 5 12:28:58 PDT 2005

Greetings unto the Populace of Loch Soilleir,

   I have an opportunity for a “demo” of sorts.  Our daughters’ school
library is having their annual book fare the week of October 17 to the 21.
The theme is Kingdom of Reading-Where Books Rule!  Gunthar, Jennette and I
did a small demo for Blair’s second grade class last month and they
remembered us from that and so the librarian called to ask us for some help
now.

   What she is looking for is:

1.	Items for display (chain mail, shields, art pieces etc.)
2.	banners for decoration in the library
3.	a suit of armor to display in a protected area (optimal but she
won’t be upset if there isn’t one available)
4.	she needs garb to wear for that week (she is about Neassa’s size)
5.	She would love to have a few people (perhaps three or four) in garb
walking around talking to the parents on Family Night.  Unfortunately Family
Night is October 18th which is populace.  However, I told her this and that
if we could find some of us to volunteer it would only be from about 5:00 or
5:30 (which is when it starts) to 7:00…it runs until 8:00.  She was fine
with this and very glad to know we might be able to do it.

   I know that elementary schools are not the greatest place to demo (at
least that is the vibe I’ve picked up) but I thought since it is family
night which entails grown ups being there it might be worth it to give a few
hours.  Gunthar and I will have to be at the PTO program that night at 6:30
but he doesn’t get home until 5:30 and with dinner and getting Brooke there
to perform on time we won’t be able to do it or I would have just said we’d
cover it.  Note I said PTO performance…that means the ENTIRE 3rd grade
population from Frazier elementary school will be there to perform and thus
their parents as well…this won’t be just one or two people it will be a
rather substantial turn out.

   I will be going to a planning meeting Friday the 14th to meet with the
librarian and I’d like to have some type of answer for her by then (and at
least some decorations and garb to loan her.)  I will take full
responsibility for these items no problem.  If anyone is interested please
email me or call (281)464-7433 in the next few days and let me know.  I’d
really appreciate it if we could do this.  This is a great school with huge
parent participation and activity.  It is just up the street from us and
extremely easy to get to…only about 20 minutes from populace meeting so you
could get there in plenty of time…also on the way to fighter practice as
well…why not think about stopping by in your armor and then going on to
practice after you’ve wowed a few parents and thrilled a few kids? SYMBOL 74
\f "Wingdings" \s 12

Thank you all for considering this and maybe participating,
Hedwig… (Fingers crossed and hoping…)