[Loch-soilleir] baronial founding?

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Fri Dec 29 21:04:46 PST 2006

In a message dated 12/29/2006 10:12:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,
neassa at swbell.net writes:

Yep, it  looks like June 15, 1991. That's the date on
Bors and Anne's Court Baronies  from the OP.

For those who don't know, when a Landed Baron  or
Baroness step down they often receive the award of a
Court Barony.  This Court Barony is not dated from when
they stepped down, but pre-dated  to when they first
stepped up to serve their Barony as the Baron  or
Baroness in Fief.

Neassa

AHH Yes- I remember that day well - it was HOT as Hades at 8 am. Humidity
was 110%.  HRM Rowen was on site but HRM Hector was running late as he had  to
work late in Houston.  Rowen was radiant and didn't show a drop of
perspiration which was remarkable given the heat and humidity- still can't  figure out
how she did that trick.  Hector arrived and everything was a go  for the
investiture. The whole investiture lasted about an hour but only seemed  to be about
ten minutes to me.  Everyone in the Shire/ soon to be Barony  help,
contributed or participated in the ceremony. All the other Landed  Barons and Baronesses
of the Kingdom had come and the thrones were arranged  in order of precedent.
 It was VERY impressive. The Heralds got a major  work out that day.  The
gifts to the new Barony from her new cousins  were overwhelming.  But the most
valuable gift came from  HRM  Rowen, for as she set the coronet on Anne's and my
head,  whispered in each of our ears. " Are you sure you want this piece of
metal?  Because now the real work begins!"  BOY- was she right about that.
Later that evening, I was privileged to be squired to Sir Rurik Ivarson- I
think he did it because of the kegs of adult beverages I provided to the evening
festivities ( I don't think I could legally do that in this day and age) Sir
Rurik sure did like his adult beverages back in those days.  That reminds  me
of a couple of stories of Sir Rurik, adult beverages and a couple of  Gulf
Wars- but I will save them for another time.  Our relationship had  some real odd
twists at time as I was his Baron and he was my Knight and some  times that
relationship came into some very interesting conflicts.

Baron Bors of Lothian
Baron Loch Soillier
Maillet d'un Dieu