[Loch-soilleir] What was the name???

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 16:18:41 PST 2006

--- loch-soilleir-request at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Date: Sun,  8 Jan 2006 16:16:47 -0600
> From: "hlannes" <hlannes at mail.ev1.net>
> Subject: [Loch-soilleir] What was the name???
>
> Hello....I'm thinking of a fellow who used to play in the Loch and then with Torre...large,
> heavy-set man...was an excellent voice herald...early period personnae...I'm thinking his first
> name was something like Gwalin....I used to call him "LeatherLungs". I think he and his lady
> were given court baronies...I've tried the OP but can't recognize his name if it is there...do
> any of you know of whom I speak? I need his complete SCA name...
>
> Annes

Giolla Bhrighde Gwaelyn
AoA 6/6/1987
OSTB 6/3/1989
THISTLE 9/24/1989 Bardic
COMET 5/18/1991 Torre de los Brazos
CRANE 5/29/1994
COMET 10/4/1997 Rivertree
CB 5/16/1998

I believe his lady was (pronounced Laserena)
Lasairfhiona ni Dhoineannaigh
AoA 9/15/1990
COMET 4/10/1993 Torre de los Brazos
THISTLE 5/29/1994 Graphic Arts
COMET 10/4/1997 Rivertree
CRANE 5/16/1998
CSM 10/23/1999
She did a bit of scribal arts.

Gwaelyn has a Court Barony, but I don't believe she did.  Gwaelyn could easily have been Gerald of
Leesville's long lost brother, as the booming voice he had, and was well know as a court herald
and bard.

They fell on some hard times, when the region down near Freeport flooded badly some years back,
then he went up to Sam Houston to finish his degree, and she finally followed him there, and I
lost track of them after that.

You could check with Leona of Remington, formerly of Torre, and perhaps Wulf Fairhair, if he and
his lady are still lurking around - they show up ever so often.  Leona is probably online, don't
know about Wulf.

We miss them.
Good luck, Hillary