[Loch-soilleir] Torre de los Brazos ...

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 11:36:04 PDT 2006

> Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:30:08 -0500
> From: "Brian O'hUilliam" <brianoftheloch at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Loch-soilleir] Torre de los Brazos ...
> To: "Loch Soilleir Announcements" <loch-soilleir at lists.ansteorra.org>
><snip>
>>   So yes, Maria, they did lose their Shire status, but they are not a
> Canton.  <snip> If I'm completely wrong, someone educate me.
> Hope that helps.
>
> Ld Brian O' hUilliam,
> Cadet to Don Brian MacCael

Torre was a Shire, but steadily lost members and were not able to gain new one's.  In order to
lower the number of 'required' officers and still be a branch, Torre changed to a 'Canton' of Loch
Soilleir, and held 'Canton' status for 3 or so years.   Alas, membership continued to decline, so
the branch was dissolved, with zip codes rolled into the Loch.  Those few active members, if any,
in the former area of Torre now play as Loch.

I had heard some new folks in the region were looking to start the group up again and that is good
news.

Cheers, Hillary