[Loch-soilleir] Service themed event

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 18:18:09 PDT 2006

> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:26:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: betta <ladylisabetta at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Loch-soilleir] idea for an event
> To: stargate-discussion at yahoogroups.com,	stargate at lists-ansteorra.org,
> 	Loch-Soilleir at lists.ansteorra.org
>
> Just a thought, for an event that is oriented toward service. Apparently some other Kingdoms are
> doing this to good effect.  It would have classes and presentations on things like autocratting,
>  feastcratting, marshalling classes, holding offices (kingdom and/or Shire), coordinating with
> the modern world (i.e. troubleshooting with
> the police, municipality regs and laws, insurance, etc), a Pelican
>  question/answer session, how to serve the royalty and/or how to be a
> royal liason, Gulf Wars staffing, and having Knights and Laurels teach
> about how to approach service when service is not your primary
> interest. These are just a few that have been suggested other will no
> doubt be added. It would also require a peer lunch and a feast.
>  Probably not a fighting event though.
>
>   Opinons & Thoughts..
>   Lisabetta

The last several years, King's College events have been encouraging just such classes, and as such
the class tracks have increased from historic 4-5 tracks to 10-12 tracks, as more have been
teaching service oriented classes, as well as pure history and fighting technique; and as the
Pelican's have been teaching and encouraging classes on service.

Also, Westgate tossed around the idea of doing a 'service' oriented theme for a future Westgate
Winter Collegium, so that maybe a good venue for a focus area such as suggested.

It's a good idea for an event, and thankfully, one that I've heard mentioned recently by others as
well; so perhaps it's time has come.

Cheers, Hillary