[Loch-soilleir] back from Pennsic

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 09:38:54 PDT 2007

Baron William said
  (First time Pennsic attendee who would REALLY have to think about going again...)

  Glad to hear you and the family made it home safely, William.
  For those new to Pennsic, it can be a real eye-opener and quite a shocker on the sheer size of it - it's averaging 14000 a year in attendance.  My first year in the SCA I attended Pennsic - overwhelming at 12,000 that year.

  Ansteorra's sorta lucky, as our camping location used to be in the boonies, but with Pennsic's growth, they sorta grew around our little village and expanded behind us, which ended up putting us in the middle of things these days - translation - 'near to most everything'.

  I wondered if moving Pennsic up a week was going to make it a heat issue - let's hope this year's heat and rain will not be a trend that continues every year.

  William - you have to attend again in future - but not as Crown entourage - it's a bit different having your own schedule to enjoy.  Tho, being entourage can have it's perks as well, with entry and experience that most others don't get to participate in.

  Get some rest and welcome back.  Looking forward to hearing your 'war stories' sometime.
  Cheers, Hillary