[Loch-soilleir] Coastal Siege Practice

Dez desweds at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:07:55 PST 2007

Hi All-

Sorry for the short notice but I literally just finished* the ballista
and GulfWar's a' coming!

*a siege engine is never truly finished

In order to help those wishing to be authorized for siege I'll be
hosting a siege practice on the Norhill Esplanade @ Bayland in the
Houston Heights this Saturday starting at 10AM and running till at
least 2PM. Go to the intersection of Studewood and Bayland then go one
block east on Bayland - look for siege weapons.

Anyway, it took a little jumpin' and hoppin' but this is an official
SCA practice. The Good Duke Ulsted will be out there to authorize
those who show they have the skills necessary to safely operate a
siege engine. I will be out there to teach you.

Please read the siege engineer's handbook before Saturday:
http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/siege/siege_engines_handbook.pdf

Sample question: What is the minimum safe distance to attack with a
direct fire class B engine?

You need to show you can operate these weapons in armor but don't let
lack of armor stop you from coming! You do need to bring your own
personal protection - we'll help with the rest.

Heck, even if you don't want to authorize, come out and say Ooooo! Ahhhh!

Miguel de la Trebuchet y dos Ballista y El Procrastinator Mas Magifico

--
"Whoever the evil genius is that figured out how to condition people
to laugh someone off the stage when they dare suggest that we are