[Loch-soilleir] Huzzah for Lord Brian - addendum

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 15:49:30 PST 2007

Rebecca said:
  <And then he and his father broke my camp & packed my car while I was off
doing Rosy stuff Sunday morning!  >

  It's good to be Queen (retired).
  Hillary

    Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:25:18 -0600
From: "Rebecca Bevel"
Subject: Re: [Loch-soilleir] Huzzah for Lord Brian - addendum
To: "Loch Soilleir Announcements"

And also by Countess Sara, who had the good sense to move into our Barony!

Regarding Brian, and the performance competition in general, the Roses
started the evening a tad disappointed that there were only 6 entrants in
the contest. By the conclusion of the first round, we were thankful that
there were only 6, as it had already become difficult to choose who should
advance to the next round. All of the performers were extraordinary!

Brian's competition included Baroness Genevieve recently moved here from the
Middle who performed a 15th century English song, Baron Don Matteo also
recently moved into to kingdom and an accomplished guitarist, Ld Paedric of
Shadowlands who has for years been a delightful storyteller, Don Avery Shaw
and a young lady, Adelina, who comported herself very well as she entered
her first contest.

When the smoke had cleared at the end of the third round, the Roses were in
agreement: This young man from the Loch, while not advanced in years,
presented a variety of performance styles and original compositions with
such a range and depth of emotion that our only possible response was to
invite him to be our Defender for the coming two years.