[Loch-soilleir] Populace Use Badge

Serpentine Pursuivant lochherald at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:43:02 PST 2007

Greetings all,
   After speaking with Baron Leofric, I looked into the previous attempt at
registration of "Vert, a sea-serpent in annulo, head to chief and biting its
own tail argent" (A white Loch serpent on a green field).  The badge
conflicts with the device of Duke Elffin of Mona of Drahenwald: "Vert, an
annulet rayonny on the outer edge argent and in chief a sword fesswise
proper."  There is no CD of a sea-serpent in annulo and an annulet rayonny.
There is one CD for the the sword versus no secondary.
   What we can do is have the white Loch serpent on a green field with
something inside it (like our champions' badges, though that may cause
confusion), or we could add a border.  We could also use the standard Loch
arms without the Laurel wreath.  What do you, the populace, want?  I will
take suggestions and present them to Their Excellencies for the final
decision.
    Please contact me offlist at my officer's e-mail with suggestions.

In service,
Brian
Serpentine Pursuivant
lochherald at gmail.com