[Loch-soilleir] Artisans ! (Wyllow)

wyllowmacm at netscape.net wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Fri Oct 19 20:22:14 PDT 2007

I would be willing to volunteer my house - either on Fiber Arts
nights, or for a weekend.

Suggestions for gifts, if the Fiber Arts Guild would want come
together to make them:
18 green & white strips of trim/belt.  Here's my idea.  I have two -
no, three - spare inkle/card looms.  Amidst the rest of the Barony,
I'm sure we could come up with 6-9 inkle looms - or make-shift a few
backstrap looms.  We could warp them all up one Fiber Arts night, and
have a marathon weaving at the next Fiber Arts, where everyone takes
a turn.  (Gunthar, oh newest Thistle for weaving, could you came up
with 18 variations on two-color inkle patterns?)
18 green & white embroidered and/or bejeweled "sleeves", suitable to
be bestowed as a favor from a Queen to a noble fighter.
18 knitted, naalbended, felted, and/or laced coasters, to go with a
painted winecup. (Cross-connect to a painter.)

Ideas for other guilds:
18 bottles of green beer <grin>
18 green & white bags, filled with some survivable (jerky? orange
peel?) edible goodies.
18 fabric-stamped cup covers.  (I love mine)  Or fabric-stamped
bottle-cozies.
18 illuminated soilley (sp?) bookmarks or notebook covers to turn
into small notebooks.
18 belled tassels, suitable for a dance belt, a horse's harness, or a
pavilion windchime.

I'm running dry.
...Someone else, pick up the thread & keep on brainstorming...

--Wyllow