[Loch-soilleir] April Populace Notes

Hedwig/Melissa honeyfrog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 07:17:32 PDT 2008

   I really want to strongly urge the people of the barony to come to
populace meetings and participate more in the game and making the events
happen for everyone.  We always have our usual suspects but many hands make
light work (as the saying goes) so please…come on out and start playing
more.  Also, this will be the last time I post populace notes to the email
list.  Starting in May there will be two ways to find out what happened at
populace and what is going on in the barony:

   1. Attend populace and find out in person
   2. Subscribe to the Serpent's Tale digital publication (it's free and
   gets sent right to your in box!)

   We are still taking applications for historian, water bearer and a deputy
reeve.  Please consider taking one of these positions if you are interested
in serving the barony.  I would like to welcome and announce our new
officers.  Starting in May these will be your contacts for each of these
positions:

   -     Knight Marshal-Pomestnitsa Wissa Medvedeva
   -     Hospitlar-Herr Gunthar Waldmann
   -     Virtual Scribe-Lady Anne atte Rydeforde
   -     Minister of Children-HL Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh

(New officers, please get your contact information to Lady Anne ASAP so that
she is able to update the Serpent's Tale and the website.)

Our guilds are going strong.  Here are a few highlights

   -     *Brewers*-Will meet this Friday night at Lord Madog's home.  Please
   email him for directions and with any questions you may have.  Start
   time, I believe, is 7:30ish.
   -     *Fiber Arts/UFO*-HL Wyllow has had many new comers of late and
   is very excited about getting them on their path in the game.  She
   will be starting a sheep to shawl series starting this coming Monday evening
   at her home.  Start time is 7:00.  Please feel free to call or email
   her with questions and for directions.
   - *Scribal*-Scribal is every 2nd and 4th Monday at Countess Sara's
   home.  Supplies are provided and no previous experience is needed…just
   the desire to have fun and do a little painting!
   -   * **Middle Eastern Dance*-HL Rhiannon has had to put the guild on
   hiatus until June.

**

*Squires and Cadets:* (May 9-11) Camwood

Master Modius had crafted a most exciting day for the kingdom!  This event
will prove the premier event of the spring tourney season. Come out and
enjoy festivities and fighting In addition, the Arc d'Or has also crafted a
most devious shoot for all those interested in vying for honors in the field
of archery.  A tavern with a Known World Renowned bard will be run that
evening by the Landsknecht Company!
HL Wyllow has a full day of children's activities planned…from gate to feast
the children will have a full day of heraldry, artistry and learning about
how the game is played.  Baron William's feast will be a sumptuous BBQ that
you will be sorry you missed.

*Tourney by the Loch:* (October 10-12) TBA
Our very own Lord Brian made mention of two Roses, vying for the barony. HL
Rhiannon is working on a site for us (details pending).  We need an event
steward for this event.  If you are interested in being a steward for any
part of this event PLEASE contact me ASAP.  October sounds very far away but
when you're planning an event it is just around the corner

*Loch** Yule:* (December 13th) populace
Lord Brian has volunteered to steward this event.  The theme for this years
Yule is "Snakes in the Loch".  Dessert theme and other activities will
follow along with this so plan accordingly!  Don Brian will be our feast
steward for this event.

*Other Items of Interest:*

   -     HL Rhiannon ny Brian will be elevated to Laurel at Squires and
   Cadets.  She has asked that the Loch populace please stop at her vigil
   tent and partake in the sumptuous sideboard that House Edelweiss has
   prepared for her.  It is her desire that all enjoy this moment with
   her.  Please join her in this very exciting moment!
   -     The June Serpent's Tale will be dedicated to the history of the
   barony in celebration of the Loch's May birthday.  Lady Anne is asking
   for any articles or items of interest pertaining to the beginnings of our
   group.  She would especially appreciate the words and remembrances of
   Baron Bors and Master Leofric on the early days of our group.  Please
   contact the chronicler with your ideas and memories.

Last but not at all least; I would like to personally welcome the new comers
we had at populace.  Unfortunately I am very bad with names and so do not
remember everyone's but I do want you to know you are welcome and we are
looking forward to seeing you grow in your enthusiasm and activity as you
discover what "The Dream" is for you!

Until we meet again…I am in service,

Herrin Hedwig, seneschal