[Loch-soilleir] Reminders...

Hedwig/Melissa honeyfrog at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:48:44 PDT 2008

Greetings All,
A reminder that Tuesday July 15th is our next populace meeting.  I will be
doing a VERY short business meeting that I'd like to start at 7:00.  This is
to allow us more time for our classes.  Speaking of classes here is our
schedule for this first attempt:

7:30- HE Baron Bors will be teaching chain mail 101
8:00- Sir Alexis will be teaching armor 101
7:30 to 8:30 ish- Lord Brian will be doing court etiquette or "what are
those shiny hats and why are those people wearing them?" and then some
heraldic consultation.
8:30 to 8:45 ish -we will be doing a short mock court so everyone can
practice what they've learned.

Here is the reasoning behind some of this.  Although a few people have
voiced the fact that they really aren't into events...events are a way of
life in the SCA and part of enjoying them is knowing what is going on.  It
is much easier to focus on learning from some one's class or the pageantry
or fighting when you have a working knowledge of what is going on around you
and thus can stop worrying if you are doing something wrong etc.  So, to
that end, we will have some sort of persona or SCA related class each time
we have classes.

This is an on going project so even if your interests are not represented
this time, not to worry they will be soon.  If you have an interest you'd
like to see covered, please let me or the hospitlar (hello.loch at gmail.com) know
so we can work on getting that included in the classes.  Garb is going to be
the dress of the evening this Tuesday so please come "dressed".  If you do
not have garb and need loaner garb for now PLEASE do not hesitate to let us
know...that is the easiest thing in the world to "Fix".

Also, tomorrow is Coronation.  It is as great place to learn about the SCA
traditions and see everyone in their best.  It is also a good place to ask
questions about a lot of what we do.  So, come out, learn, enjoy and help us
celebrate our new Crown!

In Service always,
Hedwig, seneschal

--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow