[Loch-soilleir] Loch Sollier Chivalric Fighter Practice

Gilson, Matt (JSC-DI 43)[USA] matt.gilson-1 at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 22 13:31:26 PDT 2008

Let me offer my thoughts:

LOCATION:  For me, practice is currently ~20 minute drive, mostly on
interstate.  If we move it down here, it'll probably still be ~20 minute
drive, just on surface roads.  But, it will be closer for others (if
farther for our comrades in Stargate) and I totally agree on the issues
of recruitment, and especially local recruitment - the current location
does nothing for either.

TIME:  I've never liked the conflict between practice and populace.
But, it is the night people have set aside in their schedule (if they
are able to set one aside at all).  Sunday would not only conflict with
long events (bad), it would also conflict with the Stargate practice
(even worse in my opinion).

PRACTICALITY:  Ideally, whatever site we pursue should have a covered
area (for when it rains) and good lighting (for the short winter nights
- assuming we stay with a night).

SUGGESTION:  My first thought is to use Clear Lake Park.  Everyone knows
where it is, & it would fix the conflict with populace (we could combine
once a month).  I haven't looked into whether we could appropriate the
sm pavilion on rainy days...but we'd want to ask that question on any
potential site.

Madog

Matt Gilson - DI43