[Loch-soilleir] March Populace Notes

Hedwig/Melissa honeyfrog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:51:06 PDT 2008

Last night was reasonably well attended considering GW was just this last
week.   Here are the basic topics from the meeting.

*Stargate/Loch Baronial*
We need set up and take down  volunteers
We need gate volunteers
We need a list mistress for each of our events (we want one for each event
from each barony)
HL Rhiannan is putting together the prize baskets so please contact her if
you have something to donate.

*Squires and Cadets*
On track and going as planned.  The link for the event can be found at
www.modius.org just look for the link  towards the bottom.   Please consider
bringing a friend or a newcomer you feel might enjoy this event.  We will
have loaner garb and a hospitlar table there for anyone who may have need of
this service.  Master Modius is also accepting donations for the prizes
please contact him if you'd like to participate.

*Tourney by the Loch 10/2008*
We need an event steward and a feast steward for this event.  The planned
theme is being plotted by our own Baron and more details are coming soon.

*Loch Yule 2008*
We need an event steward for this event.  Don Brian will be the feast
steward.

Our guilds that are active are going strong.  Fiber Arts will combine with
UFO once again starting on April 7th.  Please feel free to bring any
projects you have fiber related or not to HL Wyllow's for instruction and or
help.  Our ER Hospitlar, Gunthar will also be on hand so bring any friends
or interested newcomers with you.  This is a great place to get people
involved and active.
Scribal is still meeting every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month and Middle
Eastern Dance is the 4th Thursday of the month.  Brewers Guild will be
meeting this Friday the 21st. Contact Wissa for details.

Officer reports are due the 10th of each month and now along with sending
these reports to the regional and the seneschal as well as  the B&B I am
asking that each officer Cc our chronicler so that she can include the
reports in the newsletter.  That is after all the biggest reason for the
newsletter.

*Offices Open for Bid (or needing deputies)*
Virtual Scribe
Knight Marshal
Reeve (deputy needed)
Minister of Children (requires a BG check)
Hospitler
Water Bearer
Historian
Youth Chivalric Marshal (requires a BG check)

These openings will be published in the April newsletter per kingdom law.
If you are interested in serving your barony please concider taking once of
these positions.  You can go to http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/forms/ to
download the application for office.  Please send that along with a short
parapgraph about why you'd like the job and a copy of your DL and membership
card to the B&B, the current officer (if any), myself and the regional
officer.  Most of these positions will be decided pon in May.

The chronicler is always taking articles and cartoons, recipes or any
contributions for the newsletter.  She is also currently working on taking
the publication totally electronic.  To find out how you can get a copy
emailed to you please email Anne at loch.chronicler at gmail.com for the
details.

*April populace meeting will held in our normal location HOWEVER it is on
APRIL 29th.  We have had to move it just for this one meeting.*

As always,if youhave any questions or concerns please feel free to email
me.  I  will do my best to answer your questions and if I can't to find the
answer for you.

In service to The Crown, The Kingdom, The Barony and The Dream,

Hedwig, seneschal

--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow