[Loch-soilleir] September Populace Topics

Melissa Carter honeyfrog at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 07:39:53 PDT 2008

Greetings unto the populace doth Herrin Hedwig send warmest greetings!

It is almost time for populace again.  September 16th at 7:00PM will be the
officers'/business meeting.  Please all officers do your best to make it to
the meeting and if you can't please send me your topics for the agenda so
they can be brought up and/or discussed.

All guild principals:  In an effort to streamline the meeting a bit I would
appreciate it if all guild information could be gotten to Lord Dale by the
Monday before populace so he can give a succinct report on the health of our
A&S community.  This information would include things like, the location of
brewer's guild for the month, any changes in meeting dates or times, the
topics your guild is working on and the accomplishments of the folks active
in your guild.

So far topics for this month include:

   - Tourney by the Loch updates and needs
   - Crown Tournament in January
   - Loch Yule information
   - Costal Invasion (correction of information and discussion)

In the month prior to an event our business and officer meetings usually
take a bit longer.  So please plan on almost an hour for the business
portion of our meeting.  Around 8:00PM Herr Gunthar will begin his inkle
weaving for beginners' class and Lord Brian will do the 3rd installment of
SCA 101.  Also, Lady Anne will be doing a feast menu preview and taste test
for her feast at Tourney by the Loch.

The webpage has bee totally redone and looks smashingly wonderful!  Vivat
Lady Anne!

Along that vein, the v-scribe will be updating the webpage weekly.  If you
have any changes or new information for your guild or other activities and
information for the populace PLEASE get that information to Lady Anne by
Friday each week.  Our calendar is very snazzy and she is keeping that
updated as well.

WE NEED PICTIRES!  If you have any recent (within the last 18 months)
pictures from events, guild meetings, populace etc  and are willing to have
them posted on our web page…please send them along with a permission to
print/use form to Lady Anne at loch.chronicler at gmail.com .

One last thing about the classes we are teaching each month.  To those of us
that have been playing awhile we sometimes forget that 101 is just that -
brand new people learning brand new information.  We all need to try and
remember not to overload them with the details and deeper information of a
topic.  The idea here is just to introduce the interested person to the
topic.  After the first of the year we may go back and do some deeper more
in-depth looks at some of the topics already visited but for now let's all
remember what it was like to be new and overwhelmed!!

Until we meet again,

*Hedwig, seneschal*

--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow