[Loch-soilleir] Dale & Katharyn status

Geneva Tanner tanner.g at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 17 07:05:37 PDT 2008

Oh good God bless you both

Lady Gwen Makewin
Seawinds Bardic Defender

Geneva Tanner
Independent Beauty Consultant
-Mary Kay Cosmetics
281-484-0673
Future Dream Beeleivers
www.marykay.com/gtanner1 Where you can shop in your pj's

--- On Wed, 9/17/08, Michael Adams <mckenna35 at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Michael Adams <mckenna35 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Loch-soilleir] Dale & Katharyn status
To: "Loch Soilleir Announcements" <Loch-Soilleir at lists.ansteorra.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 8:46 AM

Sorry we haven't been able to post anything earlier, but we have had no
power or phone since the storm came through.  My work got power again so
I'm
sending this from there.

 By the grace of God we made it through with everything important intact -
we're both fine along with the dogs, guinea pigs, and horses all came
through without a scratch.  The house wasn't hit and suffered one asbestos
shingle being blown off, which has since been found intact, no damage to the
roof, and we had a couple of screens on the back porch blown in and that was
it.  The barn is intact, although it has a fairly big tree sitting on the
back end.  Now, if anyone needs firewood - come on down!  A lot of our
bigger mature trees suffered significant damage, and we've got literally
tons of downed trees and limbs down.  It's gonna take time and a lot of
work to get it all cleared out.

For right now we're doing okay.  Thanks to Jake and Anita we've had
access
to a hot shower and working phone.  After fighting with AT&T they've
finally
identified the problem and will supposedly have our phone working by
tomorrow evening.  Power is, of course the major concern.  Without it we
have no pumps, hence no water.  Not such a big deal for the people, and
right now we have sufficient for the horses.  If we don't have power back
by
the end of the weeknd life could get interesting, especially if it starts
heating up again.  We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed!

Dale & Katharyn