[Loch-soilleir] Thoughts To Consider for Populace Next Week

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 09:55:43 PDT 2009

Master Modius
Well stated and to the point
This problem only emphasizes the point that growth within our Barony has
stagnated.  Their is no one person responsible but many contributing
factors.
 The economy and gas prices
 The loss of the SCA's presence at Rennfaire and it's mailing  list.
 The burn out rate of using and abusing those officers that do  volunteer
to take an office or multiple offices.  Those old timers who  don't play at
the Baronial level but want only to play at the Kingdom level ( I  never have
understood that one)
and those like me who went in to the SCA full of bright eyes and lofty
ideals, worked their butts off and got slammed for their efforts.
There are even some (like my knight) who says that the SCA has become so
politically correct  that it isn't fun anymore.  Translation- No more  good
parties at events.
Is it a leadership issue?  I don't know
Is it populace issue?  I don't know
But it is an issue.
Granted- I don't make more than 3 to 4 populace meetings a year but I know
there are more members in the Loch that the same 10 to 12 that go to the
meetings every time I do show up. Surely there are more than the 2-3 knights
or  Dons that are at the meetings.  Where are the Laurels ?
I can honestly say that anytime someone  needed  my help  within the Barony
or Kingdom, I would gladly give my time and effort to the best  of my
resources and ability.  I have never denied anybody but they  had to ask.
Perhaps there are others  in the Barony who feel the same way I do.
I for one will be at the populace meeting.  I will speak my mind  if asked,
although it probably will ruffle a lot of feathers.
Baron Bors

Baron Loch  Soillier
Malleus et Deus

PS  Might be worth the effort to find as many email addresses  as  possible
and send your announcement out to those not on the list. I will forward
your email to those emails addressesI have.

In a message dated 8/12/2009 10:40:45 A.M. Central Daylight Time,