[Loch-soilleir] Un-Finished Objects (UFO) Guild Monday nights

Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Sun Aug 23 20:05:52 PDT 2009

Greetings unto the artisans & scholars of the Loch!

First, my house will be open to UFO work this Monday 8/23, for anyone
not going to Charter Painting.  7-9pm, 207 Sweetgum St, League City.
Call 281-316-0764 for better directions.   I have books for research,
as well as a range of cozy settings for starting a project with the
assurance of nearby advice or enjoyable company.

Second, there will be a special "wandering UFO" at Lady Anne atta
Rydeforde's next Monday 8/31, starting at 6pm.  She is having a
Sewing Night.  Patterns, machines, and plenty of advice and help!
Address: 16307 Heatherdale Drive, Houston, 77059 (Brook Forest
subdivision off Bay Area)  Call 281-480-4318 or email
<laurMM at gmail.com> for better directions.

Recommendations for newcomers:

1. If you don't know what you want to make, bring some inexpensive
single-color 100% cotton fabric for a simple start or a pattern.
(Minimum of 4 yards for men, 6 yards for women.)

2. Pre-wash your fabric.  That means wash it in the hottest
temperature you are likely to ever wash it in, and dry it similarly.
You want it to shrink now, not later.  (Exceptions: Don't do this to
tapestry/brocade or cloth marked "dry-clean only".)

In Service to the Dream,
H.L. Willoc mac Muiredaig