[Loch-soilleir] a missive from the seneschal

Melissa Carter honeyfrog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 12:41:48 PDT 2009

Unto the Serpentine Populace of Loch Soilleir doth HL Hedwig, seneschal send
most urgent but warmest greetings.

   As many of you know King's Round Table (fondly known as Red Tape) is this
weekend.  Next Tuesday night at 7:30PM will be our monthly populace
meeting.  So, if you are an officer that is stepping down it would be very
wonderful if you were to attend populace meeting.  If you are a deputy
stepping into an office (especially if it requires a warrant) it would be
most beneficial for you to attend Round Table this weekend otherwise we will
have a situation to deal with beginning Sunday morning.

We have several officer positions coming open as of this Saturday.  These
offices are:

   - Herald (which will be filled by Herr Gunthar)
   - Chronicler
   - Reeve (which will be filled by HL Calen McRob)
   - Hospitaler

    Although we have had a few interested parties in the other two offices,
these gentles have not made it to populace and/or not completed their
paperwork for their applications.  It has been decided that if they can not
attend populace and fill out the paperwork then we need to find others more
willing to do the work needed for these positions.  I do not want to sound
like a broken record but people...if these offices are not filled we WILL
LOOSE OUR BARONIAL STATUS...these offices are REQUIRED for our status to
remain as it is.  Also, I will be stepping down as seneschal in January at
Round Table.  I will NOT be staying in office beyond that so it is
imperative we have a deputy to step into my office.
   If you are a paid member and you care about your local group...please
consider volunteering for one of these positions.  We can not continue to
play pass the hat and still be a viable group.  This is very important.  So,
if you lurk on this list and are about to start griping instead come out and
be a part of the solution.

The agenda for populace is as follows:

   - officer transitions
   - officer reports
   - guild reports
   - Round Table report and recap
   - Tourney by the Loch planning and updates

If you have anything to add to the agenda please email me no later than
Monday morning with that information.

I remain in service,
HL Hedwig, seneschal