[Loch-soilleir] Another event poll

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 16:35:25 PDT 2009

Yes here is another event poll.  And yes, I have been keeping track of the data I have gotten from the others.

This one is the biggie.  Please reply to me off-list at:

chemistbb3 at yahoo.com.

Do we want to continue doing Spring co-events with Stargate?

Before I give you the choices, I would like to give some background and some commentary.

The idea behind the co-events with Stargate was to try to get event attendance up at both of our spring events.  Our spring events are only 2 weeks apart.  There was a feeling that our attendance was partially based on people having to choose between two pretty much identical events - Baronial championships.  The thought was if we held a Co-Baronial Championship event we could attract more people since they had twice the chance to become a Champion.  The other event would be something "different" that would attract people due to it being unusual or something that would be a big draw because of what it is.

Last year, we had the typical birthing pains of a new idea and some site issues for the Championships.  However, the "different" event was Squires and Cadets.  It was a big event and thanks to Don Modius we did well.

This year we ironed out a number of the "birthing" issues, but there were a couple of other administrative things that got messed up.  Again we had some site problems for the Championships.  And last but not least, the weather was not kind to us of either event.  The White Scarf Anniversary event had a great draw even with the bad weather.

This year was an improvement over the one before, and since we are getting the hang of it, I think that next year could be even better.

But believe it or not, it is getting time to really start thinking about our Spring Event, especially if we want to try to get a Royal Presence.

So, back to the question.

Do we want to continue doing Co-Baronial events with Stargate in the Spring.

1)   Yes

2)   No

3)   Yes, but not on a regular basis.

NOTE!  This is a poll question and not by any means a binding vote!

Thanks

William