[Loch-soilleir] Coastal Invasion

Gilson, Matt (JSC-DI43)[UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE LLC] matt.gilson-1 at nasa.gov
Mon Nov 30 09:02:38 PST 2009

Coastal Invasion is the weekend of January 30.  It is listed on the Ansteorran Calendar:
http://calendar.ansteorra.org/
but there isn't an event website linked to it yet.  It's a camping event for those interested, but Goliad is also close enough to day trip from the Loch (unlike their usual site).  Seawinds is known for putting on very good feasts, fyi for planning.

Yule is definitely still on, & it's not a closed event at all!  In fact, it's probably one of the best opportunities to get to know more people, it being a low-key, not-too-much going on local event.  Bring a stocking, add a nametag (we do tend to indicate which stockings belong to who, and clump them by age, so age appropriate items can be given).  Bring what you will for the gifts (anything is fine, from single pieces of candy on up) - I think there are ~40 or so stockings usually.  Don't worry if you don't have the right number of items to give - with 40 people doing it, it's not hard to fill the stockings!

My $0.02,
Madog

Matt Gilson - DI43

-----Original Message-----
From: loch-soilleir-bounces+matt.gilson-1=nasa.gov at lists.ansteorra.org [mailto:loch-soilleir-bounces+matt.gilson-1=nasa.gov at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Harriotte robinson
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 10:54 AM
To: Loch Soilleir Announcements
Subject: Re: [Loch-soilleir] Coastal Invasion

Dear kind and forgiving Loch,

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you mention when the Coastal Invasion is, having not made the last Populace and not finding info on web.

Also, is the Loch Yule still happening? Home page has it on Sat. Dec. 12th. I have not seen a recent mention and the web calendar page does not show it. I may be looking in the wrong area. What is essential information for a new-to-area attendee? I hold a very minor support position to our hospitaler, but I still do not know more than four of your kind gentles. I understand there should be little "gifts" for each "stocking". How many would that be? Do I bring a stocking, since no one will really know me?

I would completely understand if this a closed Christmas party, more suited to long-standing members. Makes more sense since everyone knows everyone. I would not want to encroach.

Please forgive any offense... I do not mean to offend, nor am I trying to make waves or "start anything."  I just need some blunt answers for my calendar and gift planning, a sharp blade is always less painful. I will not be offended by ANY response.

Your humble servant,
Kathryn Gyles
(still not a Lady!)