[Loch-soilleir] questions about Gothic

Dave Wise wiselaw at comcast.net
Tue Sep 1 04:51:24 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Not having been to Gothic before, I have a few questions:
-Here is the web page:
http://trelac.ansteorra.org/Gothic/default.htm

Is the site RV friendly? (I saw something about power & water available, but
that doesn't always mean the same thing, & there was the "all vehicles out
by 9am" clause).

 -Yes, there are interior roads that allow good access to larger vehicles.
There are a couple of power and water stations scattered around, thus the
first come first served idea.  Bring extension cords and a water 'y' and it
will improve the odds of hooking up the trailer/rv

Is there a particular area that Loch / Coastal / whoever usually camps, that
I should look for?
- Don't recall us having a particular spot, I usually just look around upon
arrival.

Is the War Chest similar to Three Kings?  (Donate an item - any item - and
then they're divvied out to the winning side)

 -yes just bring something you wouldn't mind getting.

For that matter, what are the sides?
-Still not sure.  I'm a principle, but last I heard they haven't lined up a
leader for the other side yet (either my fearsome reputation or I just need
to shower more often, not sure which ;) )
-it really doesn't matter since they are just going to divvy up sides
anyways.
Saturday tends to be the melee day with a variety of scenarios.  Sunday
tends to be the tournament day, usually featuring at least two tournaments.
It's nice because you get to fight folks you don't see as often, so a good
variety of styles.  I recommend the pickup fighting with everyone you see :)

Overall the event tends to be quite a bit of fun despite the long drive and
warm weather.  For folks that don't get out west, they have some pretty
friendly groups out there that appreciate it when folks make the drive to
come visit.

Sorry, but I haven't paid close attention to the event announcements in past
years, & I can't find details on the web site.

Regards,

Alexis

Madog

(not a newcomer, but not afraid to ask the questions the newcomers might
benefit from too)