[Loch-soilleir] hello

Lauren laurmm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:35:22 PST 2010

This member is now on permanent moderation on this list, due to a number of
spam messages. Apologies for not taking care of it sooner (I remember the
interface being much less moderator friendly the last time, but I've got it
figured out now!)

Also, since we've had a few of these get caught by the filter recently - if
you sign up for a service and that service has a "send email to my friends
inviting them/telling them about this awesome new thing" option, please turn
those off, and send your friends a recommendation personally. Sometimes
finding the option to NOT send out mass emails can be difficult, especially
on sites that require your email as part of signing up, so be sure you check
diligently! If left to their own devices, they will email every address in
your contacts book with a spam email from the company, and - depending on
the ethics of the company doing the emailing - may save those emails for
later spamming.

Relatedly - the new year is a good time to review your passwords and/or
change them to strong passwords - this is a good reference for anyone not
familiar with what makes passwords "strong":

If anyone would like help coming up with a strong password that is easy to
remember (but not easy for a password-cracking program to break), I'd be
more than happy to help!

-Anne