[Loch-soilleir] Brewer's Guild Badge

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Sun May 2 20:29:27 PDT 2010

I just saw on the January 2010 Letter of Acceptance and Returns from Laurel:

 *Loch Soilleir, Barony of. *Badge. Argent, a tankard sable within a sea
serpent in annulo head to chief and vorant of its own tail vert.

This badge is clear of the device of Ania Dahlbergh, *Argent, a cup sable
with ribbons issuant from its mouth gules within an orle of grapevine proper
*. Ania's cup is drawn as a goblet. Precedent says:

As we grant difference between goblets and tankards, there's a second CD for
type of all the charges. (The device was returned for another reason) [Medb
ingen ui Mael Anfaid, June 2007, R-Gleann Abhann]

Therefore, there is a CD for the change of type of primary, from goblet to
tankard, and a CD for the change of type of secondary, from grapevine to
serpent.
The badge has passed.

Brian