[Loch-soilleir] Report Time

ledonna mcgowan ledmcgowan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:39:49 PDT 2012

We had a lot of people at King's College this month as both students and
teachers.  If count was correct there were 18 members there. Rhi taught two
classes, Brian taught two classes, Bia taught one and I taught three. Next
time maybe we should host it... LOL

There were 6 people attending A&S @ Hobby Lobby on the 8th with bobbin
lace, weaving, games, illuminating/charter painting and lucet going on. The
next meeting is July 13th.

We are having an arts afternoon on July 7th (12:00-4:45 with dinner
somewhere afterwards). There is no set schedule but several have
volunteered to teach their arts: Rhi has said that she will teach
continuous warping, Bia said that she would give a shortened talk on the
olive,  Hillary is going to bring some charters to paint as well as some
hair techniques, Penelope said that she would bring some spinning and
weaving to set up a display.  If anyone has something to put on display
that would be great in case there are any library patrons want to come in
and see what we are about.  Remember that Brave is showing now so anything
that connect with that movie would be great.

If anyone is interested in teaching a short class at Lochtoberfest please
let me know.  This would be a great place for a first time teacher trying
out the ways and means of teaching.

On a personal note, I'm still working on lace and have gold, silk and linen
on different pillows and I am researching period musical notation and
education.  I'm planning on entering Steppes Artisan later this month.

Delphina