[Loch-soilleir] Notes from last night's meeting!

Neisha Walker-Williams taliagracesca at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 09:40:37 PST 2013

AND, we don't allow attachments on the Loch list for some reason… I'm thinking that should be rectified.  So, here is it copied!  :-D

Notes
from last night’s populace meeting! 11/19/2013

1)
Regarding
BAM this weekend:

·      There will be a potluck
Thurs. evening. There will be stoves available for heating items if need be.

·      If you are participating
in the food group for the rest of the weekend please bring cash for William.
Remember, it’s $4 per meal!

·      We will be taking a
group picture Saturday evening at 5 just before the box raffle for rapier
loaner gear.

·      The box raffle will be
at 5:15 and we will stop selling tickets at 5 so get as many as you can while
you can.  If you win and aren’t there to
take home your prize, it’s okay.  I’ll
take care of it for you!  :-D

2)
Regarding
Loch Yule:

·      We will be doing
stockings again this year. Plan on bringing small items for approximately 40
stockings if you wish to participate.

·      Potluck info will be
posted later but typically Hats bring meat, Laurels, Pels, Scarves, Knights,
etc. bring sides, and everyone else brings salad, bread, drinks, etc.

·      The dessert contest has
a tropical fruit theme.

·      We will need help with
set up and tear down. More will be posted on that after BAM

·      There are great games
and prizes planned.  See the FB event
page and the Loch Website for details.

·      PLEASE NOTE: This year
it is at the community building where we hold populace.  NOT at the church where we have had it in
recent years!

3)
Reeve
report:

·      We will not be having
official Populace in Dec. Instead, we will be doing an inventory evening for
groups. The SCA requires that the Reeve have an inventory of all Loch
materials for every group. This is an accounting and accountability matter – we
aren’t just trying to be a pain in the tush.

·      PLEASE NOTE: All
marshals and guild heads must bring their group’s inventory or send a
representative with it!

·      We will also go over
rules regarding inventory and what can be done with it.

4)
Our
new rapier marshal and chronicler is Brian O’Huilliam

5)
Rapier
report:

·      "We have rapier. It's
awesome."

·      Over half the entrants
at Bring out Your Dead were Loch!

6)
Heavy
report: The marshal was unable to attend the meeting but practice is happening
as per usual.

7)
Archery
report: Rain and sickness has made practice the last few weeks difficult.

8)
Equestrian
report: The marshal was unable to attend but it’s been the same as for Archery,
rain is complicating things.

9)
A&S
Report:

·      Had a great A&S day
at library last week. There were 13 people with 15 new people inquiring and 7
people given new info.

·      Also have had A&S
days every other Friday. PLEASE NOTE: No 3rd Friday A&S because of BAM!

·      BAM has A&S
competition so enter if you have stuff!

·      Kingdom A&S is in
Feb.  Start planning now.

10)
Madrigal
Report:

·      Delphina is going to
have to stop leading so if anyone is able to lead it would be much appreciated.
 We don’t want to loose the group and she is willing to help find music
etc!

·      Bordermarch is having
it's bardic championship at BAM so please enter!

11)
Classes
for Runs with Scissors, Plays with Fire are set.   It will be fun to
please come out in the spring and support Shadowlands and your Loch teachers! There
will be classes on how to make glass beads, blacksmithing, lace, cooking,
sprang, and more!

12)
Middle
Eastern Dance is still on hiatus until Rhiannon is done with Grad School.  Only one more paper and the oral exam to get
through so everyone wish her luck! It’s the home stretch!!!

13)
The
Chronicler needs officer reports for the December newsletter.  Please send
them so he doesn’t aribitrarily make stuff up!
This info does go to the kingdom officers so let’s get it right!  Also, please send Brian any announcements
such as, “The Loch won half of the Championships at Seawinds this year! Willa
is new A&S champion. Brian is Bardic AND Rapier Champion!”  Congratulations you two!

14)
Web
site up to date except for the calendar. Loch Yule is on there and info will be
updated as it is available.

15)
Hospitaler
stuff –

·      We are trying to get
together with a school in Pasedena for a demo after the New Year.  So far we are still compiling info but if you
are interested in assisting or demonstrating your skills please let me (Talia)
know!

·      We have had some
inquiries about the SCA via the website and FB and we have had one new person
coming out to fighter practice!

·      Some additional garb was
donated at loaner gear and after Thanksgiving I will be sorting through it to
see what usable and what is not.  Don’t
worry Hennessy!  I won’t throw anything
away.  J  I
will just put the really tacky stuff in storage.  :-D

16)
Brewers
Guild: I’m sorry – I know something was mentioned but I didn’t hear
what!  Please let us know!

17)
Charter
painting is going strong. Painting will be happening again next week.  We
turned in 20-some-odd scrolls to kingdom and are working on some original
scrolls.

18)
SWAP
& SHOP at Krag & Hennesey's on December 8! Message her for directions or
look on the FB event page or e-mail list. You may post what you are bringing or
ask for specific things.  If you can, please bring a table for stuff if
you have one.  Nothing stays at their house! If you don't trade it, you
take it! Also, potluck BBQ!  They will
provide BBQ and we will provide the rest.
Clean out your closets, eat, and have fun! Starts at 10:30 the day after
Stargate Yule.  J

19)
Maggie
brought up the idea of having a contest to design loch tabards for new comers!
It seems to have been met with approval (especially mine!) so there should be
more info about that forthcoming.

20)
Delphina
has silk fans for $3 each. They can be painted with your device or whatever
else you wish.  If you are interested
please contact her directly.