[Loch-soilleir] Demo Info and Requests

Neisha Walker-Williams taliagracesca at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 16:23:28 PST 2014

My Lords and Ladies!

Thank you to all of you who have already volunteered to come
and help at the demo on the 25th!
I was able to meet with the school representatives yesterday to discuss
logistics and we have a wide variety of space at our disposal.  Since this is a new event it is unclear how
many people will be in attendance but they are expecting between 100 and 300. The
history teachers and the school faculty are very excited that we are
participating and are thrilled that we will be able to provide a hands on,
living history experience for their students, the parents, and the
faculty.  They are providing us with a
hospitality room where we will be able to take a break and grab a drink or a
snack.  We are also providing a light
luncheon to those of you willing to take the time out of your Saturday to
assist.  It’s not just a bribe, it’s also
a thank you for making it a priority to contribute to our dream.  :-D

We will be allowed to bring our weapons and materials onto
campus but all weapons will need to be checked in by the Police Officer in
attendance. All participants, both public and SCA members, will be required to
sign waivers or show their blue cardto participate in any marshal activities.
We are encouraging as much hands on experience as possible and, to that end, we
will have Tristan, our local youth rapier marshal, on hand to encourage youth
participation.  We are in need of more
rapier and Chiv fighters to participate and also, if we have one locally, a
youth heavy marshal.  We will have an
archery range set up and loaner bows available but I would also like some more
archers to come out and be available for teaching! So far the weather calls for
sunshine and cool temperatures but in the event of rain we will be able to
utilize the larger gym for everything except archery.

In addition to the marshal activities occurring outside we
will have space available indoors and under cover for other arts. So far these
are the other crafts being demonstrated:

1.
Quinn is bringing leather and Iron-Vinegar dye
so that attendees can experiment with medieval chemistry.  If you have extra leather scraps we would
appreciate them.

2.
Elena is bringing charters and paints for
illumination.  We would love to have
completed scrolls to show off if you have some we can use for the day.

3.
Joseph and Pippa are bringing soap and carving
supplies and possibly several inkle looms.
I have extra thread and yarn we can use to warp them but we could use more.

4.
Andrea is bringing drop spindles and fiber for
spinning

5.
Fedelm is letting us borrow embroidery hoops and
“brass rubbing” kits but we need someone who can demonstrate them as she is
unable to come.

6.
Tammy is bringing her spinning wheel, a lucet
loom, and lace

7.
Andrew is coming out to regale us with story and
song.

8.
Maggie and Katya are trying to decided which type
of weaving to demonstrate or whether to bring out several options; sprang, twining,
and finger loop braiding.

9.
Yamai is bringing several items for a static
display of weaponry

10. Genevieve
is open to teaching an English country dance

We have some amazing and talented people already offering
their time but we can always use more! We will all need to be able to take a
break and some people are unable to stay the entire time so, just because
someone is already showcasing an art doesn’t mean that you can’t participate as
well!

Another craft we could have someone exhibit would be Viking
wire weaving. Also, we can’t have a fire but, if anyone has blacksmithing they
would like to show we can set up a table as well. Genevieve and I are working
on a little “photo booth” area where people can dress up and take a picture so
if you have any spare garb we would love to borrow it! Unfortunately, we can’t
have the horses but it would be great if we could get some video footage and
pictures of them in action to show on the projection screen we will have available
to us.

We will be allowed on site as early as 7:30 that morning
and, if we have them available, will be allowed to pitch pavilions as
well.  We need people to help with set up
and tear down of tables and/or pavilions as well as donations of table
coverings.  Hennessy and I could also use
someone to help with food prep and distribution!  :-D

Thank you to all of you who have already volunteered.  To those of you who have not yet, please,
come out and help us demonstrate our dream and build relationships in our
community!

As always, you can contact me at taliagracesca at hotmail.com or over
FB messenger to volunteer or with any questions or concerns you have.

I remain yours in service,

Talia