[Loch-soilleir] March Populace Notes

Seneschal of Loch Soilleir seneschal at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org
Wed Mar 4 16:23:07 PST 2020

Here's what happened at Populace this month!

Barony of Loch Soilleir Populace Notes (2020_03_03)

Come to Order at 7:40pm

Nobility’s Words - Their Excellencies Krag & Hennessey (Welcoming, etc.)

Officer Reports

   -

   Exchequer (Lady Kite) - We still have money.
   -

   Herald (OPEN FOR APPS) –
   -

   Chronicler (Lady Anne) - Submissions are due by the 20th, goal to
   publish by 1st. Looking for a replacement. One application has been
   received. Plan to close applications at the end of March.
   -

   Hospitaler (Master Brian) -
   -

      Pasadena Library demo opportunity this Saturday (3/7). No fighting,
      just displays and meet and greet. This is during the Library’s
carnival and
      book fair.
      -

      Sherwood Faire demo - Sign up to help anytime you are available. The
      B&B will be there on 3/29. Participants are asked to wear head coverings.
      -

   Webminister - (OPEN FOR APPS) Submit Stuff
   -

   MoAS (Mistress Delphina) - This office is also open for applications, as
   Mistress Delphina will be moving away from the area this summer. We will
   close applications at the end of April.
   -

      Armoring/Smithing Guild (Baron Master Krag) - Trying to do a meetup
      at Gulf Wars. Otherwise, the next meeting will probably be in June.
      -

      Fiber Arts Guild (Baroness Hennessey) - Same as above.
      -

      Lampwork Guild (Duchess Ebergardis) - Looking to meet after
      Coronation.
      -

      Lace Guild (Mistress Delphina) - 1st Saturday of each month from 1-4,
      Fairmont Library in Pasadena. This month’s meeting is superseded by the
      demo.  All A&S is welcome.
      -

      Thursday Guild – Not currently meeting
      -

      Stargate has scribal on the 1st & 3rd Sundays from 3-6p at Central
      Market. Katya has offered to restart a local meeting.

   -

   Marshalls
   -

      Armored (Don Crowley) - Tuesdays 7:00 at Walter Hall Park in League
      City.
      -

      Rapier (Don Crowley) - Tuesdays 7:00 at Walter Hall Park in League
      City. A bid is being put together for new loaner gear. We have
had lots of
      new folks coming out..
      -

      Missile (OPEN FOR APPS) - Karl said he will see that Roland gets
      authorized at Gulf Wars, so that he can apply for the position.

   -

   Seneschal (Lady Karen)
   -

      Officers: Get reports in by the 5th of the month.
      -

      Please apply for open office positions

Old Business

   -

   Gulf Wars - Food group has been setup. There will be a chore list posted
   soon. Still need help with Chili night (setup, cooking/serving, teardown).
   A garage pavilion will be set up for Chili night.

New Business

   -

   HE Krag has obtained permission to use the large training area at his
   workplace to paint the baronial pavilion. Look for a date.

Upcoming Baronial Events

   -

   Coastal Grand Baronial Championships - The Livingston site has been
   reserved. There will be a planning meeting during Gulf Wars to finalize the
   theme.
   -

   Squires, Cadets, and Arcarius - The autocrat, Lothar, attended our
   populace meeting to answer any questions we might have. We will be hosting
   a lunch tavern that will be sold at the gate.
   -

   Loch Fall Event - Will continue the tradition as Serpent’s Symposium IV.
   Looking for an autocrat.

Event Calendar

   -

   Mar 14-22 - Gulf Wars
   -

   Mr 27-29 - Hellsgate Commander’s Crucible (Belton, TX)
   -

   Apr 3-5 - Elfsea Defender (and Elena’s elevation) (Hamilton, TX)
   -

   Apr 10-12 - Spring Coronation (Ardmore, OK)
   -

   Apr 17-19 - Squires, Cadets, and Arcarius
   -

   May 1-3 - Coastal Grand Baronial Championships

Nobility’s Closing Words - Their Excellencies Krag & Hennessey

Adjourned at 8:15.

In Service,
Lady Karen Goðreksdottir
Seneschal of Loch Soilleir