[Loch-soilleir] Coastal Grand Baronial Thanks & Congrats!

Baron of Loch Soilleir baron at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org
Mon Apr 17 19:02:46 PDT 2023

What an amazing event!  Coastal Grand Baronial was a HUGE success!  Of
course, this is no small feat and there are many thanks and congratulations
to be had.

We must start by thanking our Cousins of Stargate, Alden & Ceara, and
Bordermarch, Meurik and Gabrielle, for sharing this event with us.  It is
wonderful to come together as the Coast in camaraderie and fun!

To Lord Lothar (Jonathan) and his amazing event staff - THANK YOU!!!!  We
received so many compliments on how great the event was, but in truth,
Lothar and his wonderful team made this happen so the nobility could look
good.  Especially thanks to Jacques De Morlanne, who did quite a bit of
heavy lifting.

To Mistress Isabella della Rosa and the feast crew - WELL DONE!  Feast was
delicious!  We both enjoyed it and Otilia found the meat, especially the
chicken, to be quite tasty!

Thanks to Stargate for coordinating a nobles' sideboard put on by Lady
Melody.  Everything was very tasty and refreshing on a hot day!

Our outgoing Champions:

Chivalric - Margery Heron was a fine Champion who went above and beyond.  I
cannot express my gratitude for her service.

Rapier - Miles Ridley is the embodiment of a courtier and any noble would
be privileged to have him as their Champion.

Archery - Bjorn Ulfarsson has helped usher me into the archery community
and is a consummate champion.  It was a pleasure to get to know you better.

Equestrian - Magnus Bowbreaker (John) is a great ambassador for the
equestrian community and brought fame to our Baony (and a few others) by
continuing to show his excellence.

Our incoming Champions:

Chivalric - Wilhelm von Bellatrix (Christopher) showed amazing prowess and
honor on the field.  I have watched his fighting for years and know he is
skilled with the glaive.  His fighting Saturday was above my expectations
and impressed many who had the privilege of watching.

Rapier - Diego Fortuna de Almeria fought with skill, flair, and joy.  His
determination was impressive and We appreciated his communication with his
opponents throughout the day.

Archery - Nikolai Vladislav (Todd) is an incredibly skilled archer who
showed off his abilities well this weekend.  He brings fun (and sass) to
the range.  More importantly, he encouraged others and pushed those around
him to improve.

Equestrian - Brenna MacDonald (Jennifer McCoy Dudley) rides like she does
all things, with a quiet confidence and determination that is impressive to
behold.  Riding a horse with whom you are not familiar is no small task and
explaining the activities was greatly appreciated.

Thrown Weapons - Phocas of Bordermarch (Cameron) has the privilege of being
Our premier Warden (Thrown Weapons Champion).  We were impressed with your
scoring and honored to be your first championship.  We look forward to
seeing you progress as thrown weapons continues to flourish in our Kingdom.

The Overall Grand Champions were:
Chivalric - Wilhelm von Bellatrix
Rapier - Diego Fortuna de Almeria
Archery - Nikolai Vladislav
Equestrian - Magnus Bowbreaker
Thrown Weapons - Phocas of Bordermarch
Congrats to all!

A huge thanks to Aline for creating the scroll for the Equestrian Grand
Champion scroll!  Also, as We are both heralds, we want to thank Lif and
Duke Ulsted for heralding the rapier and chivalric lists, respectively.
Thanks to Our own herald, Master Diego, for his vocal skills in Court.
Many thanks to Taly, Mistress Brenna, and Centurion Margery for their help
during Court, and to Master Miles and Centurion Margery for attending the
War Hound when he had to leave our seats.
Thank you to everyone who reminded to Us to take care of Ourselves and
helped us throughout the day, whether it was helping with Otilia, reminding
us to drink, or making us sit down, we greatly appreciate the assistance,
advice, and reminders.  Master William, HL Lessa, Lif, Master Miles,
Centurion Margery, Master Cael, HE Marie, HG Ebergardis, and so many others
made sure We were taken care of throughout the day.
My sincerest apologies to anyone I may have forgotten.

In Serpentine Service,
Brian & Elena
7th Baron & Baroness of Loch Soilleir