[Loch-soilleir] Order of the Scale - Created at Serpent's Symposium

Baron of Loch Soilleir baron at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org
Thu Aug 24 15:31:40 PDT 2023

Greetings to Our Dear Populace!

This past weekend at Serpent's Symposium, We created a new Order for the
Barony.  We have seen the hard work and immediate impact of several members
of our Barony and we sought a way to recognize these people.  While do have
the Order of the Serpent's Toils, that is typically given after years of
hard work for the Barony, including stewarding events and holding
offices(s).  We wanted an honor to show gratitude for those who are serving
the Barony in ways that are perhaps not quite at the level of the Serpent's
Toils (yet), but still deserve to be recognized at large.

To achieve this goal, We created the Order of the Scale.  Prior to creating
this Order, We consulted with many of the members of the Serpent's Toils.
To be frank, the reaction was mixed.  We heard this advice and altered what
We had originally thought to do in response to counsel from those of the
Toils.  We are grateful for the feedback We received.  Please know that you
are heard and appreciated, even if We did not take your counsel in this
instance.

Three premier members of the Order of the Scale were created.
- First was Duchess Saereid Sigmundsdottir.  Duchess Saereid has stewarded
multiple events for the Barony, served as exchequer until life events
required her to step aside, and is currently our Minister of Arts and
Sciences.  She is also willing to help in any role she can to make the
Barony function better.
- Second was Lady Thora Vargr.  Lady Thora is our current rapier marshal
and has stewarded multiple events for the Barony.  She is also constantly
working at our events in any capacity where work needs done.
- Honorable Lord Feodor Nikolaevich Gorodets was the final premier member.
HL Feodor is our current webminister.  He is also a workhorse for the
Barony, pushing himself to help set up thornes, put together prizes, put up
pavilions, running gate, and whatever else he can do for the Barony (as
long as it doesn't interfere with his fighting).  The physical burdens of
the Barony would be far greater without Feodor.

These are only three who We have seen help the Barony tremendously over the
last seven months since We were invested.  We anticipate many more will be
inducted into this Order during Our reign and hope this tradition lasts for
years to come.

In Serpentine Service,
Brian & Elena
Baron and Baroness of Loch Soilleir